Want to change some information on your Aadhaar card? If your Aadhaar card contains the wrong information, you should get Aadhaar card correction immediately. It may be your name, address, date of birth or phone number that is incorrect on the card. The wrong details may even cause your Aadhaar card to become invalid, which is why you need to get the errors fixed urgently. Thankfully, the UIDAI has made the process of updating Aadhaar details much easier now. You can do it online from the official UIDAI website or offline by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre.
How to get Aadhar Card Correction through UIDAI website (Address Change)?
If you do not have the time to visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre, you can easily update your residential address (that you have provided on the Aadhaar card) online in a few easy steps. Here is what you need to do:
- Visit the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Click on the option called “Address Update Request” that you can find under the “Aadhaar Update” category.
- A small dialog box will appear on top of the screen. Click “ok” after you read the information.
- Once you click “ok,” a new tab will open and you will be taken to a different page.
- Here, you have to input your 12-digit unique Aadhaar number and the four-digit security code.
- Next, need to click “send OTP,” which will send an SMS to your registered mobile number with the one-time password.
- The OTP will allow you to log into your Aadhaar account.
- There is also the TOTP option that you can use.
- Once you have access to your Aadhaar account, you can check the address option and click “submit.”
- Here, you need to provide the residential address that you can see on your PoA or Proof of Address.
- Then you need the “submit update request” option.
- You can also click on “Modify” button to modify your address.
- Here, you have to check the declaration option and click “proceed” to move forward.
- You need to select the type of document you would want to submit for verifying your Proof of Address.
- You need to upload a scanned copy of your address proof and hit “submit.”
- Do not forget to read the confirmation message before clicking “yes.”
- Once you select the BPO service for verifying the information, click “submit.”
- The BPO service will then take over and verify if the details in your form match the PoA.
- Once verified, the BPO service will forward the information along with your request to the UIDAI.
- After your update request is accepted, you will receive an Acknowledgment Slip, which will contain the URN or Update Request Number.
Once your Aadhaar card gets updated, you can download the latest version online and take a print out of the same.
How to get Aadhaar card correction offline?
If you are not as tech-savvy and would rather like a traditional approach to updating your Aadhaar card details, you can do it offline by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre. Here is what you will need to do:
- Fill out the Aadhaar correction form.
- You must provide the latest information and not the one that you had provided in the old Aadhaar version.
- You need to validate your update request with copies of proofs.
- Do not forget to self-attest those proofs before submitting.
- Submit your form with the correct documents.
- You also need to pay a fee of Rs. 25 every time you visit an enrolment centre for correcting or updating your Aadhaar card details.
You can update all the information including your biometric data by visiting the Aadhaar enrolment centre.
How to make Aadhaar card correction through India Post?
You can send your Aadhaar card update request through the Post by mailing the UIDAI office. You need to follow these steps:
- Download the “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” online by visiting the official UIDAI website, and take a print out of the same.
- Input the details mentioned in the form. However, you need to only put the information that you would like to change on your Aadhaar card.
- Get photocopies of the documents that will validate the changes you have requested.
Send the completed form along with all the necessary documents to any of the following postal addresses:
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
What details can you change using the online process?
The online Aadhaar correction process does not allow you to change or modify all the different information. As per recent updates, you can only update your address through the online method. You would need to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre to update or modify the following details:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Email ID
- Mobile number
We have already discussed how you can change your Aadhaar details such as your address online. Let’s discuss how to change Aadhaar card name.
How to change or update your name on the Aadhaar card?
If you have received the wrong spelling of your name on the Aadhaar card, or if your card is in your maiden name and you would like to update your current surname, you can do it by visiting the Aadhaar enrolment centre. Remember, you cannot link your Aadhaar card with any other document such as the PAN card if the details do not match. That is why you need to get the correction right away. Here’s how you can do it:
- Fill up the Aadhaar correction or Enrolment form.
- Provide your correct name. Do not forget to double-check the spelling!
- Submit this form with relevant PoI or Proof of Identity.
Once you complete these three easy steps, the Aadhaar executive will register your request and give you an acknowledgment slip. You will have to pay a fee of Rs 25 for this process.
Once your new Aadhaar card is generated, you can use the Acknowledgment Slip to download the updated card online through the UIDAI website.