The Aadhar Card is a unique and distinctive 12-digit numeric code linked with various benefits and subsidies. Aadhar card contains the biometric, retina and demographic details of an Individual.The card since its inception in 2009 has reached exponential levels of adoption with over 1 billion Indian’s holding an Aadhar Card as of mid-2017. However, the journey has not been smooth due to the technical snags and an inaccurate display of data. Owing to this, it is important for you to verify your Aadhar Card to avail its benefits. This article aims at guiding you on Online Aadhar Card Verification.
In addition, the Government of India is taking various steps to increase the adoption to further increase the adoption of Aadhar Card. Some of these initiatives include linking Aadhar Card with mobile number and Bank Accounts. Also, it is important to link your Aadhar Card to PAN and EPF accounts to avail pension benefits. Hence it is of utmost importance to check and verify your Aadhar Card.
How to check Aadhar Card Verification Online:
There is no obligation to visit an Aadhar Card Enrollment centre for Aadhar Card Verification. You can do it online in a convenient and a hassle-free way. You can follow the steps mentioned below for online Aadhar Card Verification.
- You can visit the official UIDAI website and navigate to ‘Verify Aadhar‘ under the Aadhar Sevices or directly visit Verification Portal
- Upon visiting the site, you will find details pertaining to your Aadhar Number and a security code.
- You have the provision of fetching a different CAPTCHA(security) code in case you are not clear with existing one. Please click on ‘Try Another’ link to generate a new security code.
- Once you enter the details, click on verify.
- You will now be redirected to a page which says that your Aadhar Number XXXX exists along with other details which include
- Age Band
- Mobile Number
If your Aadhar number/card is not registered with UIDAI, you will be redirected to a page which states that “Aadhar number does not exist”. This means that your Aadhar Card is not valid. You have to now register or add corrections to your Aadhar Card by going to an Aadhar Enrollment Center.
What should I do if my Aadhar Card is inactive?
Aadhar Card tends to become inactive if it is not used continuously for three years. You can follow the steps mentioned below if your Aadhar Card is inactive or deactivated.
- Go to the nearest Aadhar Card Enrollment Center
- You need to then fill an Aadhar Update form. Upon updating the form, the contact person might take your bio-metrics and retinal scan to check them with the existing database.
- Your Aadhar card will be updated and re-activated once both the biometrics match.
- It is advisable to take the supporting documents with you when you visit the Aadhar Card Enrollment Center. This could reduce the number of times you need to go back and forth to update your Aadhar Card.
Documents required for Aadhar Card Application:
The documents necessary for an Aadhar Card can be grouped into four different categories based on their purpose and functionality.
- A person’s proof of identity
- A proof of address
- Proof of date of birth
- In addition, supported proof of relationship
**There is no obligation(no requirement) to carry all the documents required for Aadhar Card application/verification. It is sufficient if you have the original copy of at least one document from each category while you apply or plan to verify your Aadhar Card. Moreover, you can decide what documents to take to the Aadhar Card Allotment Center depending on what you have**
You can refer to Documents for Aadhar Card Application for further information regarding the proofs required.