Is your Aadhaar card application taking too long to process? Today, we need the Aadhaar card for various official tasks. So, it is only fair if you are getting a bit restless over not receiving your unique 12-digit number yet. Thankfully, if you have received your Aadhaar Acknowledgment Slip, you can check Aadhaar card status online. There are some offline methods for finding the same information as well. The official website of UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India is a great resource for finding relevant information. However, if you are looking for a detailed guide, here is one. We are going to discuss the various ways you can check your Aadhaar application status.
How to check Aadhaar card status online?
To check the status of your Aadhaar card application, the first thing you should do is visit the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India. The site does not charge any fee to provide you the information related to your application status. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow to find what you are looking for:
- Visit the official UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Under the “Adhaar Enrolment” section, you can find “Check Aadhaar Status.” Clicking on this will take you directly to the page https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status.
- Here, you will have to input details such as your Aadhaar enrolment ID, time and date of enrolment and a security code.
- After filling in the required information, you need to click button “Check Status.”
- If your application has been processed and your Aadhaar card has been generated, you will be notified of the same through an SMS on your registered mobile number, and you will also receive the option to download your e-Aadhaar card.
- If you want to download your e-Aadhaar card, you can click on the option that says “Download Aadhaar.”
- There is also the option that allows you get your Aadhaar number on your mobile. Clicking on the option “Get Aadhaar Number on Mobile” will do the job.
How to verify your mobile or phone number for Aadhaar?
You can also check the status of your Aadhaar application through mobile. However, to avail this feature, you first need to verify your mobile number for Aadhaar. Here is how you can do it online:
- Go to the official website of UIDAI
- You will see the option “Aadhaar Services,” under which you will see the option that says “Verify Email/Mobile.” Clicking on the option takes you to a different page.
- On this page, you will have to provide details such as Aadhaar number, registered email address and mobile number. You will then have to enter the security code that you will see in the image.
- After that, you need to click on “Get OTP,” which will send a one-time password to your registered mobile number.
- Once you receive the SMS containing the one-time password, you need to fill out the box that says “Enter OTP.” After you input the code, you will have to click on “verify OTP” to complete the process.
If you do not want to carry out this process online, you can also visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre to do it.
How to check Aadhaar application status through mobile?
Follow these steps if you want to check your Aadhaar card status through your mobile.
- Type an SMS with “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>, and then send the message to 51969.
- If your Aadhaar card has already been generated, you will receive an SMS with your Aadhaar card number in it.
- If your Aadhaar application has not been processed yet, you will receive an SMS specifying the current status.
How can you check your Aadhaar status without enrolment or acknowledgment information?
You will receive an acknowledgment slip after completing the verification process. However, if you happen to lose or misplace or damage your acknowledgment slip, you can still get your Aadhaar application status online. Here’s how you can do it:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Under the “Aadhaar Enrolment” section, you will find the option called “Retrieve Lost UID/EID”
- Clicking on this option will take you to the relevant page where you need to fill out a form with information such as full name, registered mobile number and email ID.
- After that, you need to fill in the security code, which you will see in an image beside the box.
- Next, you need to click on the option “Get OTP,” which will send an SMS containing a one-time password.
- After you input the OTP in the required box, you need to hit “Verify OTP.”
- Once the verification process is over, you will receive your Aadhaar Enrolment number either as an SMS to your registered mobile number or as an email at your registered email ID.
How can you check Aadhaar application status by your enrolment number?
As mentioned above, you can check your Aadhaar application status both online and offline. You can also call at 1947, which is the official number for checking Aadhaar status. Once you have completed the enrolment phase, you can check the status with the Enrolment Number as well. Here’s how:
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- Fill in the form by providing your Enrolment ID along with time and date of your enrolment.
- Input the security code that you will find in the image.
- After verifying the security code, you will see a new page with the current status of your Aadhaar application.
- If your Aadhaar card has already been generated, you will receive the option to download Aadhar card by name and date of birth.
- You can download the e-document as a PDF file and take a print out of the same.
Can you check Aadhaar application status just by name?
Unfortunately, there is no process that allows you to check your Aadhaar card status just by your name. You will need your enrolment number to check the status. If you do not have it, do not worry! There is an easy way to retrieve your Enrolment Number through the official UIDAI website. We have described the process above.
How to check your Aadhaar status through India Post?
It takes approximately 60-90 days for your Aadhaar card to reach your residential address after it has been generated and dispatched by the Unique Identification Authority of India. If you have not received it yet, you can check the current status through India Post. Here’s how:
- Go to the official website of India Post.
- Input the consignment details that you can easily find on the Aadhaar website.
- After that, the website will display the details of your status.
If you would like to do it in person, you can also visit any branch of India Post to check your Aadhaar card status.