The government has mandated for all bank accounts to be linked with Aadhaar card by December 31, 2017. Now, you have a simple way to check if your Aadhaar is linked to your bank account.
There is a lag once you have completed the process to link Aadhaar Card and Bank accounts for it to be officially reflected. You can use the below process to double check.
Steps to check if your Aadhaar is linked with your bank account
- Documents Needed:
- Aadhaar Number
- Official registered mobile access to enter OTP
- Go to official UIDAI website
- Click on the link to ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’ as shown below
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and security code
- Your official Aadhaar linked mobile number will receive an OTP. Enter OTP.
- Once OTP is entered successfully, the next page will show you whether or not your bank account has been linked. It will also show other information such as bank linking date and the bank that is linked
- Some notes about this process:
- This process will require you to have your registered mobile with you
- You will only be able to check the last bank account that was linked to your Aadhaar card. If you have more than one bank account, consider checking with each bank individually.