Your Aadhaar card carries the unique 12-digit number that serves as your identity proof. You may need your Aadhaar number for various purposes such as filing taxes, opening a new bank account, getting a new mobile number, applying for an LPG connection and much more. You might even feel like you need your Aadhaar card every step of the way. That is why you may have to carry it everywhere you go, and that exposes the card to the risk of being lost, misplaced or stolen! If you have lost your Aadhaar card, you may download e Aadhaar card to replace the lost one.
Download e Aadhaar card in a few simple methods
If you do not know the E Aadhaar download process, we are going to explain some methods through which you can easily download the Aadhaar online. Until you can download and print your Aadhaar card, you can use the Aadhaar mobile app for emergency purposes. There are various ways of downloading Aadhaar card online. We are going to discuss the following three processes:
- E Aadhaar card download through Aadhaar number
- Aadhaar card download online through enrolment number
- e Aadhaar download through name and date of birth
The Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI has made all three processes fairly simple and convenient so that you do not face any trouble in the event of losing your card. Let’s delve deep into each process to see how they work.
How can you download the card online using Aadhaar number?
One of the E Aadhaar card online download methods is by using your Aadhaar number. Here are some steps you need to follow:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on the link that says “download Aadhaar.” Clicking on this link will take you to this page – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- The page will also show a popup when loading. Read the popup carefully to know your Aadhaar card password.
- On top of the page, you will find three options. Since you are downloading e Aadhaar using your Aadhaar number, you need to click that option.
- Then you need to fill up a form by providing details such as enrolment number, your full name and PIN code of your permanent address. You also need to put the code you will see on the image captcha.
- After that, you need to click the option for “request OTP.” It will send a one-time password to your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Once you get the password, you need to put it in the relevant field and click on the “validate and download” option. The e Aadhaar card online download will now begin on your computer.
- Once the download completes, you will see a PDF file in the designated folder.
- You will need Adobe Reader to be able to open the e Aadhaar.
You will need the correct password to open the PDF file of the e Aadhaar. Once you open it, you can either take a print out or save it in your phone for future use. The e Aadhaar card serves as a valid ID proof.
How to download e Aadhaar using enrolment ID or EID?
If you do not have access to your Aadhaar number, you can also download e Aadhaar using the enrolment ID. The steps for this are fairly similar to e Aadhaar card download by Aadhaar number. Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the official UIDAI site at https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Click on the “download Aadhaar” option.
- You will then land on the page – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/popup with the pop up showing how to open the PDF e Aadhaar card.
- On top, you will find three options for how you want to download your e Aadhaar. You need to check the box for “Enrolment ID.”
- You then have to enter the 14-digit enrolment ID along with time and date values in the relevant fields.
- You will also have to provide details such as your full name and address PIN code and then input the code you see in the image captcha.
- After you click on the option called “request OTP,” a one-time password will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- You then have to input the OTP and click the option called “validate & download.” Your e Aadhaar will start downloading on your computer.
As mentioned above, the e Aadhaar gets saved on your computer in PDF format. If you have Adobe Reader, you can easily open it using the correct password.
How to download e Aadhaar card with name and DOB?
Do not worry if you do not have your Aadhaar number or your enrolment number. You can also download the e Aadhaar card. You can use your name and date of birth to retrieve your Aadhaar number from the UIDAI website. Once you have your Aadhaar number, you can easily download the e Aadhaar card using the method explained above. To know your Aadhaar number, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official site of UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Once on the homepage, you need to click on the option called “Retrieve Lost UID/EID.”
- You will land on this page – https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid.
- Here, you need to provide information such as your full name and registered email ID or registered mobile number. You will also have to input the security code that you will see in the image captcha.
- Then you need to click on the option called “send OTP.” You will receive the one-time password on your registered mobile number within a few minutes.
- You need to input the OTP in the relevant field and click on the button that says “verify OTP.”
- You will then receive a message on the screen stating that your Aadhaar number has been sent to your registered mobile number.
Once you receive your Aadhaar number through a text message on your registered mobile number, you can easily perform E Aadhaar card download online to get your Aadhaar in a PDF file format.