Aadhar application process can sometimes be long and arduous. As one is be waiting for their Aadhar card, they can use the below information and steps to track and check Aadhar card status online.
How To Check Aadhar Status Online?
A person can check their Aadhar status online by:
- Log into the official UIDAI website
- Under the Aadhaar Services link, a person can check either enrolment, update or services
- To check Aadhar status, click on ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ under the Aadhar Enrolment tab
- An individual must enter theirAadhar enrolment number and the date and time to check if their Aadhar is generated. The enrolment number is a 14 digit number issued during the time of application of Aadhar. The date and time is another 14 digit number of the date and time of application. These numbers together make up the Aadhar enrolment ID (EID)
How To Check Aadhar Status Online For Lost EID?
If an individual has lost their Aadhar enrolment ID or EID, then they can retrieve it by clicking on the Retrieve Lost UID/EID link on the right of the Check Aadhaar Status tab. Thus, the steps to be followed are:
- An individual needs their registered mobile/email that was submitted during enrolment to retrieve their lost UID/EID.
- An applicant must enter their full name, mobile number, email ID and a CAPTCHA security code to generate an OTP.
- Once the OTP is entered (on the right side of the same screen), the page then redirects to the Aadhar Status page. By clicking on check Aadhar status, an applicant can check their Aadhar status online.
- For applicants that may not have registered their mobile number, they will have to visit an Aadhar permanent enrolment center or office and get it registered. For changing a mobile number or email ID, that can be done online without furnishing documents of proof.
How To Check Aadhar Card Status Online on a Phone?
An Aadhar applicant can also check their Aadhar card status online on their mobile phone.
- To do so, the applicant must send a text message as “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>” (For example, UID STATUS 36453064873698).
- The text message must be sent to 51696.
- A text reply on the same number wil then give the status of an Aadhar card.
- If an Aadhar card is already issued, then the Aadhar number will be given. If Aadhar is not yet issued, then a status update will be given to the applicant.