Haven’t linked your Aadhaar and PAN yet. Don’t Worry., you are not in trouble. You can still do it. And your PAN is still valid. June 30 wasn’t last date as many media outlets incorrectly mentioned. It was the last day to file taxes without linking your PAN and Aadhaar. Now it is mandatory to have them linked to file taxes.
There are 3 simple ways to do this.
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in following format:
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
Eg: UIDPAN 342745242534 ASDEF1231G
That’s it. Easy.
- Go to https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/eFiling/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html
- Fill in your PAN Number, Aadhaar number, Full name as in Aadhaar.
- Your Aadhaar very likely has your full DOB. If you did not have any proof of DOB when you applied for your Aadhaar then it would have only the year of birth. So leave “I have only year of birth in Aadhaar Card” unchecked unless your Aadhaar card does not have your DOB.
- Enter Captcha code and click on “Link Aadhaar” button.
- You should see a popup with success message. That’s it.
Income Tax Login
There is another easy way to do this for users who are already registered on the Income Tax department website. You can register and do it if you are not currently registered but the previous two methods would be much simpler and faster.
- Login to It department website using your credentials here https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Once you login a pop up shows up prompting you to link your PAN and Aadhaar numbers. If the popup doesn’t show up you can find the link under “Profile Setting” in the menu bar. Click on “Link Aadhaar” under “Profile Settings”
- Verify your name, DOB, PAN and enter the Aadhaar number and click on Link Now.
- You should get a pop up with the success message. You are done.