EPFO has made it possible for people to check EPF balance on mobile through SMS. This service can be accessed 24/7 through simple steps which we will detail in this article.
EPF Balance is the amount of money that is present in one’s EPF account. In the past, people had to log in to their EPF account to check balance. Now, we have a method to check EPF Balance on mobile through SMS.
Steps to Check EPF Balance on Mobile through SMS:
- Send an SMS text message to 7738299899 using the mobile number that you used to register with UAN
- The contents of the SMS text message will be in the format of ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’
- Please note that you can change the language preference of the EPF account to any of 10 languages including English, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali
- If you choose another language (let’s say Telugu), the format of the SMS text message will be ‘EPFOHO UAN TEL’
- You will then receive a message from EPFO with the following details
- Last contribition date
- Last contribution amount
- Total EPF Balance
Pre-Requisites to Check EPF Balance on Mobile through SMS:
- This facility is only available to those who have a UAN Account Number.
- The user must also have registered their mobile number while activating their UAN account number.
- Check with your company to ensure that your Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, and Bank details have been digitally verified by your employer.