State Bank of India recently launched an all-in-one app, SBI YONO – ‘You only need one’. The platform is billed as a one stop shop for all lifestyle shopping needs with SBI products being the prime focus.
The core feature of the app that SBI YONO bills itself on is the digital wallet where one can setup a digital banking account using eKYC processes seamlessly. This will help SBI stand itself against a lot of the digital first wallet platforms that have launched in the last year.
“The portal has been designed to offer maximum customer convenience, where each journey has been designed with minimum possible clicks with easy-to-understand descriptions. We believe this app will help us increase engagement with our customers and enhance their banking,” said SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar.
Features of SBI YONO app
There are more 60 partnerships that have been enabled across 14 categories in YONO already. Some of YONO’s partners include Amazon, Uber, Ola, Myntra, Jabong, Yatra, Swiggy, and AirBnB. Some of them are:
- Digital Wallet: Open a bank account within 5 minutes
- SBI Account – Spend analysis and account information
- Shop for Insurances, credit cards, and loans
- Book a cab (Uber, Ola)
- Entertainment (Movie tickets, etc)
- Dining experience (Swiggy, Restaurant partnerships)
- Travel and stay (Cleartrip, Yatra)
- Medical Assistance
- Financial Product Shopping (Shop for financial products online)
- Transfer funds using UPI
- Bill payment (Pay all your bills on YONO)
How to get a SBI YONO app account
• New customers to SBI: If you are a new SBI customer, you can open a new SBI Insta account for which one will need their Aadhar and PAN card details to open a digital account on the YONO app.
• Existing SBI customers: For existing SBI customers, one can use their existing bank credentials to log in to YONO. For those without an online account already, please setup a temporary password using your SBI bank account details online.