American Express is undoubtedly one of the most renowned financial service providers and banking institutions in the world. Its products and services are marked by superiority, convenience and user-satisfaction. The company’s credit card brand is one of the most noteworthy. Though it is reserved only for the most qualified cardholders, it also offers perks and value-added features to make up for the exclusivity. With AmEx credit card net banking, you can manage your finances and perform a range of tasks right from home! Net banking allows you to make online payments, generate and change PIN, download monthly e-statement and monitor transaction details.
If you have an Amex credit card, you can perform a lot of tasks much quickly by learning the online banking method. Here, we will discuss the nitty-gritty of it.
How to register AmEx Credit Card Netbanking account
If you already have an AmEx credit card with a net banking account, you can register your card through the company’s official site. You just need to visit https://www.americanexpress.com/in/, choose “Cards-My Account” option and log in with your User ID and password. When first creating your AmEx credit card online banking account, you must choose the option called “create a new online account.” After that, you have to perform the following actions.
- After logging in, you will land on a page that has different tabs. You will need to choose the “verification” tab.
- Under this tab, you have to provide your 4-digit card ID and 15-digit credit card number. Once done, you have to click on “continue.”
- You need to move on to the next tab called “account preferences.” Here you can customise the settings as per your needs.
- In the third and final tab called “card benefits,” you will find out about the perks of owning the particular AmEx credit card. After going through the list of benefits that the company is offering you, you need to hit “continue.” The registration process will end here.
As you can see, the registration process is fairly simple and easy, and it only takes a few minutes. However, what about those who do not have a net banking account? In this case, you first have to apply for and open a net banking account. You can do it through mobile banking or by going to the nearest American Express branch. You can also do it at an Amex ATM. After opening the net banking account, you can register your AmEx credit card using the same steps mentioned above.
What if you do not have a savings account with American Express?
New cardholders often think that the net banking option is only available to those who have a savings account with American Express. However, that is far from the truth. You can create a net banking account with American Express even if you do not have a savings account with the bank. To take full advantage of your Amex credit card, you must create a net banking account. You can do it in the following steps.
- Visit https://www.americanexpress.com/in/ and input your 4-digit credit card ID and 15-digit card number on the homepage.
- After you log in with your details, you will land on the “Set Up” page that allows you to customize your settings.
- On the third and final page, you will have to provide your details again. After carefully completing this part, you need to confirm and hit “Submit” to complete the registration process.
Advantages of using AmEx credit card online banking
The digitization of processes has simplified our lives in more ways than one. You no longer have to run to the bank to perform the most basic and everyday tasks. Thanks to online banking, you can do almost anything sitting at the comfort of your home. You can pay utility bills, file your taxes, buy groceries, order food online and more using your Amex credit card net banking. Managing finances has also become easy as you can track and monitor your account details on the go. You can find information related to:
- Outstanding balance
- Total credit limit
- Available credit and cash limit
- Outstanding balance and payment due date
- Billed and unbilled transactions
- Earned reward points
You can also check credit card statements anytime and from anywhere. The bank sends credit card statements every month to the registered email ID and postal address. However, it always helps to look at the statements when you are in an emergency. You can even see and download the credit card statements of the previous 6 months. You just need to specify the date and submit your query.
Can you pay your Amex credit card bill using net banking?
The best thing about the net banking feature is that you can use it to even pay the credit card bill! If you have been using credit cards for a long time, you already know how important it is to pay the bills on time. Late payments not only require you to pay a hefty fine, but they also leave a negative impression on your credit record. Consistent late payments can have long-term adverse effects on your credit history. Thankfully, you can pay your credit card bill easily by following these steps:
- Log into https://www.americanexpress.com/in/.
- Select “Cards-My Account” on the homepage drop-down box.
- Input your user ID and password and log in.
- Once logged in, choose “registered credit card” and proceed to “make payment.”
- After that, you need to specify the amount and hit “confirm.”
- Once you confirm, the payment will be processed.
Queries with Amex Netbanking feature?
Once you register your credit card for net banking, you will have access to almost all of the online banking features. You post queries and raise requests using online banking. Here are some of the requests that you can raise using credit card net banking:
Hotlisting or blocking your Amex credit card:
If you have lost or damaged your Amex credit card, you can block it through net banking. You do not have to call the customer care number or visit the branch for this.
Converting your card balance into EMI:
You can turn your outstanding balance into EMI through net banking. You can also specify for how long you would want to continue this.
Changing credit card PIN:
You can easily change your credit card PIN number using the steps mentioned below. The PIN number gets changed almost immediately after you raise the request for the same. Here’s how you should do it –
- Click on the “credit cards” tab
- Click on “credit card PIN”
- Choose the “change credit card PIN” option
- Input the existing PIN and the new desired PIN
- Type the new PIN again to confirm it
- Hit “confirm” to complete the process and change the PIN
How to check AmEx Rewards Points
AmEx credit cards offer a ton of perks including the Membership Reward points. You can use these points for a range of things such as travel booking, dining, lodging, shopping and more. You earn points as by using your credit card, and you can check how much points you have earned through net banking.
FAQ – AmEx Credit Card Net Banking
1. How to check unbilled credit card charges
You will find the details related to unbilled charges on the tab called “View Latest Transactions”. You can find it by visiting the page called “My Account Summary.”
2. How to find AmEx ATM’s
You can raise a request asking to see the Amex ATM locations in your city.
3. Confirmation after raising request?
Once you raise a request of any kind, you receive an email or a message (on registered email ID and mobile number) stating the status of your request.
4. Request Resolution Notification
Once the dispute or query gets resolved, you will receive written communication from the bank.
5. Money transfer options & Modes of payment (Netbanking)
With Amex credit card online banking, you have access to the following payment or money transfer options:
- NEFT or National Electronic Funds Transfer
- Same bank transfer facility