FinTown Rating: 3.5 / 5
The Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card is one of the most popular travel credit cards for its allrounder benefits on rewards, miles, redemptions across categories, excellent intro joining benefit, and at least 6 access passes to airport lounges every quarter.
One of the major complaints many people have on this card is that the rewards categories have been devalued. Even after devaluation, the card continues to hold its own.
If one is a frequent traveller across airlines and wants their travel spend to reflect on their rewards statements, the Citibank PremierMiles Travel Credit Card is a good option. The interest rate and the annual fee are a tad bit on the higher side, but the intro bonus does make up for it.
This is a premium card from Citbank with the annual fees set at INR 3000. This card is targeted at those who travel frequently and would want to have air miles and airport lounge access handy for their travel needs.
- Excellent intro benefits program
- Rewards Programs covers all airlines
- Great rewards coverage across globe: This is a unique for this card since the inter-operability of your miles/rewards across the globe with Citi’s rewards program are excellent.
- Airport Lounge Access:
- High APR at 42%
- High Annual Fee:
- Year 1 Fee compensated with Intro Benefit
- Year 2 onwards, renewal bonus is low
Citi PremierMiles Credit Card: Fees & Charges:
- Annual Fee: INR 3000 + GST
- Annual Percentage Interest Rate (APR): 42.00%
- Late Payment Fee: INR 100 and above
- Cash Advance Fee: 2.00%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3.50%
What benefits will I be eligible for?
With the Citi PremierMiles Credit Card, a spend of Rs.
- Welcome Gift: 10,000 bonus points
- Renewal Bonus: 3000 bonus points
- 10 miles for every INR 100 spent on all airline transactions and with partner merchants
- 4 miles for every INR 100 spent on all other transactions
- Other benefits
- Airport lounge access: While the Mastercard holders get 6 complimentary visits per calendar quarter, Visa holders get 8 complimentary visits per quarter.
- Air accident insurance: INR 1 crore cover in case of loss of life due to an air accident
- Fuel surcharge waiver
- EMI benefits with select shopping stores and sites
Which other cards should you look at?
One of the best cards that you should alternatively look at is the AmEx Platinum Travel Credit Card. Similar to the Citi PremierMiles Credit Card, the AmEx Platinum Travel card gives its cardholders airline agnostic points that can be redeemed for travel vouchers (Indigo Airlines). For those who spend over INR 4 lakhs per year, travel rewards add up to over INR 33,500 which results in a rewards rate of 8.375%. The AmEx Platinum Travel card has a high annual fee at INR 5000. One should have a spend of at least INR 4 lakhs to take advantage of the excellent rewards rate.
The Citi PremierMiles Credit Card is a superb card for those who are seeking good air miles and airport lounge benefits. The annual fee and interest rate are on the higher side, but the intro benefits program somewhat makes up for it. With 10x points for airline spend, the traveler who is agnostic to airlines will surely get rewarded well.
With interest rate APR at 42%, one might want to stay away from this card unless they intend to make card balance in full every month.