It goes without saying that electronic payment methods have transformed the banking system. More and more people are going cashless with the use of e-wallets, debit cards and credit cards. Credit cards allow people to shop and pay bills conveniently even when they have no money. They can simply pay the bill at once every month and not worry about it. Aside from convenience, credit cards also come with a ton of perks. Citibank, one of the most renowned banks in the world, offers a range of cards to its Indian consumers. Each card is designed to meet the needs of a particular audience. If you are thinking of getting yourself a new credit card from Citibank, you should find out about the application process and credit card application status.
Credit card application status – How to apply for a Citibank credit card?
Before we delve into the process of checking credit card application status, let us look at how you can apply for the card in the first place. First and foremost, you need to decide which card you want to go for. As mentioned above, Citibank offers a range of credit cards and each one has specific perks to offer. If you categorize these cards based on its targeted usage, you will have the following categories:
- Online shopping
You need to find out about the company’s latest offerings and research into each card and its perks before deciding to go for the one that best suits your needs. Once you have made up your mind about which Citibank credit card you want, you can submit your application. You can apply both online and offline.
Online application method:
To submit your Citibank credit card application online, you would have to visit the bank’s official website. Once there, you need to input information such as your name, employment status, and income. You would also need to provide a few documents to complete your application. Once you complete the application process correctly, the bank will process your application.
Offline application method:
If you are not as tech-savvy and would much rather like to submit your credit card application in person, you may try the offline method. For this, you will have to visit the nearest branch of Citibank and ask for the application form for the particular card you want. You need to fill up the form by providing relevant details and supporting documents. The bank will process your application after you submit the same following the correct guidelines.
Citibank is known to process credit card applications fairly quickly. Typically, it may take two weeks for you to get the verdict. After processing, the bank may either approve or reject your credit card application.
How to check Citibank credit card application status?
If you have not heard from the bank days after submitting your application, it is natural for you to get a little anxious. Thankfully, there is a way to put your mind at ease. You can check your credit card application status both online and offline. After submitting your application, you must have received an application number along with a reference number, both of which will come in handy when checking your application status. Let’s discuss the various methods of doing the same.
Check credit card application status online:
To offer its users the ultimate convenience, Citibank has made it possible to check credit card application status online. The process is fairly simple. You need to visit the bank’s official website and go to the credit card section. Once there, you need to:
- Find the option for “Track Application Status.” You will find it in the drop-down menu.
- Once you click the link for application tracking, you will be taken to a different page.
- Here, you need to input your mobile number and application reference number.
If you provide all the details correctly, the screen will display the status of your application. You may expect a status response such as “on-hold,” “in progress,” “disapproved,” “approved,” or “dispatched.”
Credit card application status through mobile number:
If you have lost the reference number, no need to worry! You can still check your credit card application status using your mobile number. All you have to do is:
- Visit the official website of the bank.
- Go to the credit card section and click on “Track Application Status”.
- Input the mobile number that you have registered for your credit card application.
- You will need to verify your mobile number using a one-time password or OTP.
- Once your mobile number is verified, the screen will display your credit card application status.
Check credit card application status offline:
Though the internet makes it easy and convenient to check your credit card application status, not having access to it should not deprive you of this feature. You can get the same information offline as well. You need to follow any of the steps mentioned below.
- Calling the bank’s customer care number is the first option you should try. To know your credit card application status, you need to call at 1860 210 2484. The number is NOT toll-free, which means it should cost your normal tariff. The customer care service is open from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. It remains closed during national holidays.
- No need to fret if calling the customer care number fails to deliver the desired results. You can also visit the nearest branch of Citibank. You must have the application reference number with you. Talking to the executives there should help you find the status of your credit card application.
Applying for a new credit card comes with a lot of anticipation. If it is your very first credit card, you must be more excited. Though you might feel restless while waiting to get the approval, the wait is usually worth the wait when you get to enjoy the perks. To make sure you get the approval, you should always read the company guidelines and requirements before applying. This will go a long way in ensuring that you apply for the right card for your needs and also get a quick approval.