The HDFC Regalia Credit card targets premium customers who want travel benefits. Although the diversity of the spend benefits is very low, the travel benefits with airport lounge access are some of the best in this segment. With a 23.88% interest rate, this card is value for your hard-earned money. This card is targeted at those who primarily want to use it for airport lounges as opposed to rewards points. It’s also a great value for those who fly frequently on Air Vistara with the HDFC Regalia Credit Card offering a complimentary Club Vistara one year membership.
- FinTown Rating: 3.5/ 5
- Pros & Cons:
- Benefits/ Rewards – HDFC Regalia Credit Card
- Is HDFC Regalia Rewards Rate good?
- Is this card for you?
- HDFC Regalia Payments & Fees:
- How to get the most out of this card?
- How to redeem HDFC Regalia Rewards?
- Terms & Conditions explained:
- Application Requirements:
- Other Credit Cards with similar/better Features:
- Bottom Line:
FinTown Rating: 3.5/ 5
Rating by Category:
|Annual Fee|| 3.5
- The Annual Membership Fee for this card is INR 2500 plus GST. At this fee, the kind of travel benefits that HDFC Regalia card offers is great.
- The HDFC Regalia Card has a reward rate of 1.3%. Nevertheless, a rating of 3 is due to the premium services that HDFC offers in the form of Priority Pass memberships to both primary and Add-on member. It offers several other valuable benefits.
- The HDFC Regalia credit offers an impressive 2500 reward points upon joining. It also provides complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership to the primary cardholder for a year. Therefore, a rating of 3.5 is justified.
- At a 23.88 % interest rate, the Annual Percentage Rate is significantly low for a card offering an extensive range of benefits for frequent flyers and business travellers.
- A more than average customer rating can be attributed to the extensive range of benefits, rewards and welcome bonus that the Regalia card offers. Nevertheless, customers are dissatisfied with the negligence of HDFC in informing customers about the card’s devaluation post August 15, 2017.
Pros & Cons:
|Reasons to Choose HDFC Regalia Credit Card
||Reasons to avoid HDFC Regalia Credit Card
|Priority Pass membership: 6 complimentary access passes to international airport lounges per year||A very minimal rewards program|
|Visa/MasterCard Lounge Access: 2 domestic lounge passes per quarter||No rewards and benefits outside travel category|
|Club Vistara Membership: 9 Club Vistara points for every Rs. 100 spent on Vistara flights||No golf privileges|
|Joining benefit of 2500 Reward Points|
|Low foreign currency mark-up fee of 2%|
|1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India up to Rs. 500 per billing cycle|
Benefits/ Rewards – HDFC Regalia Credit Card
Premium Travel Benefits
With the HDFC Regalia credit card in your pocket, you receive complimentary access to Priority Pass Membership for preferential access to over 1000+ airport lounges around the world. One of the best features of this card is the option to add a member to the Priority Pass membership. The Primary cardholder and the Add-on member can jointly avail 6 complimentary access to Priority Pass lounges outside India in a calendar year.
Furthermore, the Primary Cardholder gets a complimentary Club Vistara membership for 1 year. With the Silver membership, you can earn 9 Club Vistara member points for every INR 100 spent on all Vistara Flights. You get an additional 5 kg Baggage Allowance. Moreover, you get priority check-ins at Airport. The Travel Concierge Assistance could also be beneficial to you in making your travel experiences more comfortable.
You can earn 4 Reward points for every INR 150 spent on your HDFC Regalia Card. The value of every reward point is worth INR 0.50 when redeemed on www.hdfcbankregalia.com. Alternatively, you can convert reward points to AirMiles. Please note that the reward points will be valid only up to 2 years from the date of accumulation.
Joining benefit: The HDFC Regalia Card offers 2500 Reward Points for joining. Furthermore, you can get your renewal fee of INR 2500 for the next year waived off by spending INR 3 Lakhs in the current year.
Annual Spends Benefit
You can earn 10,000 Reward Points when you achieve spends of Rs. 5,00,000 in anniversary year and an additional 5,000 Reward Points when you achieve Rs 8,00,000 in the same anniversary year. Anniversary year is defined as 12 months period from card setup or last upgrade/downgrade date. For ex: if your card setup/upgrade/downgrade date is 01st May 2018, anniversary year will be 1st May 2018 to 30th April 2019 and so on.
Delightful dining privileges
If you are a foodie, you can enjoy exciting deals or up to 15% discount on dining bills at select restaurants.
In case of Air accident death, your nominated kin receives INR 1 Crore. Additionally, HDFC Regalia offers a Medical Emergency protection up to INR 15 lakhs when you are travelling outside your home country.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
HDFC Regalia Card offers a 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver on fuel for transactions between 400 and 5,000. Nonetheless, the Waiver is capped at INR 500 per statement cycle.
Is HDFC Regalia Rewards Rate good?
For every INR 150 spent, you earn 4 reward points with HDFC Regalia Card. In other words, for earning 1 reward point, you spend INR 37.5.
On spending INR 37.5 you get rewards worth INR 0.50. So, on spending INR 1, you earn INR 0.013 worth of rewards. Therefore, the rewards rate is 1.3%.
Is this card for you?
This card is for you if:
- You are a frequent traveller: The HDFC Regalia Credit Card is a great option if you travel regularly. This card offers Club Vistara Silver Membership to the primary cardholder and airport lounge access to both primary cardholder and Add-on Member. You can also claim an insurance cover of INR 1,00,00,000. Additionally, you also get a medical insurance for emergency overseas hospitalization.
- A low-interest rate is what you are looking for: This card offers an extremely low-interest rate of 1.99 % per month, which gets annualized to 23.88%
- You meet the bank’s eligibility criteria: If you fall in the age bracket of 21-60, then you can apply for HDFC Regalia Card. For a salaried employee, the gross monthly income should be at least INR 1,20,000. Self- employed people should be able to show an annual income of INR 12,00,000 to qualify for this card.
HDFC Regalia Payments & Fees:
|Annual||INR 2500 + GST|
|Joining Fee||INR 2500 + GST|
|Renewal Fee||INR 2500 + GST
Spend Rs. 3L in 12 Months and get Renewal Fee waived for next renewal year
|Foreign Transaction mark-up fee||2 % of the transaction amount|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||2.5% or Rs. 300, whichever is higher|
|Overlimit Fee||2.5% of the over limit amount subject to a minimum of INR 500|
|Late Payments Fee||INR 100- INR 750(depends on the amount due)|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 75|
|Credit Card Replacement Fee||INR 100|
|Railway Ticket Surcharge Fee||1.8% of the transaction amount + GST|
How to get the most out of this card?
To get the most out of this card, you must make use of the Club Vistara Silver Membership. Additionally, access to airport lounges is something you should make use of to reap maximum benefits out of this card.
You can earn 10,000 Reward Points when you achieve spends of Rs. 5,00,000 in anniversary year and an additional 5,000 Reward Points when you achieve Rs 8,00,000 in the same anniversary year.Therefore, you earn more as you spend more on this card.
Unlike most other cards, the HDFC Regalia Credit Card offers a Fuel Surcharge Waiver of 1% on transactions whose values range between INR 400 to INR 5000. The upper limit for other credit cards is INR 4,000. Therefore, HDFC provides a better offer.
You can redeem your points for movie, hotels, flights etc on the bank’s page. Moreover, you get exciting deals on restaurants, cafes etc. You can avail up to 15 % discount on your food bills.
How to redeem HDFC Regalia Rewards?
You can redeem the rewards accumulated by you by logging in to your HDFC Net Banking. After clicking on “Redeem Reward Points” in the Homepage of “Online Redemption“, select “Points Range” and “Item Category” to view the catalogue. Then you should select items by adding them to Shopping cart. Once you have selected all items you want to redeem, click on “View Shopping Cart” link to view items selected for redemption.
To get detailed instructions, please visit this page.
You can visit https://hdfcbankregalia.myrewardz.com/ to book flights and hotels with your reward points.
Terms & Conditions explained:
- Grace Period: This card has a free credit period of up to 50 days.
- Validity of Reward points: The reward points are valid up to 2 years.
- Financial Benefits on Annual Spends: You can earn 10,000 Reward Points when you achieve spends of Rs. 5,00,000 in anniversary year and an additional 5,000 Reward Points when you achieve Rs 8,00,000 in the same anniversary year. Anniversary year is defined as 12 months period from card setup or last upgrade/downgrade date.
The eligibility criteria for this card are as follows:
- Salaried: Gross Monthly Income of at least Rs. 120,000, Ages between 21 and 60
- Self-employed: ITR Income of at least Rs.12,00,000, Ages between 21 and 60.
Other Credit Cards with similar/better Features:
SBI Prime Credit Card:
Another great option compared to the HDFC Regalia Credit card is the SBI Prime card. The SBI Prime Card has an annual fee of Rs. 2999 and has an excellent rewards program. This card comes with a Welcome e-gift Voucher worth INR 3,000 from any of the following brands: Bata/Hush Puppies, Marks and Spencer, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop and Yatra.com.
Additionally, you earn a lot of rewards with this card. On spending INR 100 on utility payments, you can earn up to 20 reward points. You get 15 Reward Points per INR 100 spent on BigBasket, Reliance Fresh, Reliance Smart, Reliance Footprint, Reliance Trends and Sahakari Bhandar stores. Furthermore, you can also get 10 Reward Points per INR 100 spent on Dining, Groceries, Departmental stores and Movies.
This card also offers a Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership and a Club Vistara Silver Membership. Also, you can Get Pizza Hut e-Voucher worth INR 1,000 on achieving spends of INR 50,000 in a calendar quarter. Furthermore, waiver of Renewal Fee on annual spends of INR 3 Lakhs can also be availed. You can get E-Gift Voucher worth INR 7000 from Yatra.com/Pantaloons on achieving annual spends of INR 5 Lakhs.
This card comes with a very high APR of 40.20%. This card targets people with medium and high incomes.
SBI Elite Credit Card:
The SBI Elite Credit Card provides exceptional privileges to its customers in the form of incredible welcome rewards. You get a welcome voucher of INR 5000 and you can choose from an array of stores or brands to make use of this voucher.
The SBI Elite Card offers 5X Reward Points on Dining, Departmental stores and Grocery Spends. Additionally, you can earn 2 Reward Points per INR 100 on all other spends. Additionally, the milestone spend benefits for this card is impressive. You can earn up to 50,000 Bonus Reward Points worth INR12,500 per year. Furthermore, you can get 10,000 bonus Reward Points for achieving annual spends of INR 3,00,000 and INR 4,00,000.
This card also offers Club Vistara Silver Membership and Trident Privilege Membership. It also gives you complimentary access to domestic and international airport lounges. Moreover, the SBI Elite card offers more in the form of complimentary movie tickets worth INR 6000 every year. You also get Free Concierge services with this card.
The only disadvantage with this card is its high APR of 40.20%. However, the foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.99% compensates the high-interest rate.
If you are looking at an entry-level premium credit card with excellent travel benefits and access to airport lounges, then the HDFC Regalia is for you. However, if you are looking to earn rewards and you do not care about the Priority Pass membership or Club Vistara membership, you may find other cards that have better rewards programmes.
FinTown Advantage: We provide unbiased personal finance advice to help people make the best possible financial decisions. Our reviews and ratings of financial products are determined by customer financial wellbeing and not profiteering. Whether or not we make a penny, we do what is best for the customer. Our research team is made up of economists and market researchers who spend hundreds of hours researching and comparing products with the same mission in mind.