The HDFC Diners Club Credit Card is a premium range credit card which helps you cumulatively save money if used frequently and widely. Points can be redeemed through the welcoming reward system while purchasing airline tickets from its partner brands serves best for traveling purposes. Almost anything purchased online and offline comes with a reward and the card also offers a variety of lavish features.
This premium credit card from HDFC is one of the best choices for the economic middle class and is also enabled for international use. As the name suggests, it serves really well and saves you a great deal of money at diners all across the country and at the same time allows you to enjoy access to over 25 lounges in different Indian airports. It also comes with an amazing reward point service which can be redeemed while purchasing air tickets from Jet Airways or Air India Miles.
- For every INR 150 spent using this card to purchase retail products, you earn 3 rewards points
- Joining gift of 2500 reward points
- For every INR 150 spent using this card to purchase grocery, airline tickets, supermarket products, or payments at diners, thus earn 6 rewards points.
- For every INR 150 spent using this card to purchase retail products over the total value of INR 10,000 in a single cycle, thus earn 6 reward points
- The annual fee amounting to INR 1,000 can be compensated for if within 90 days of issuing the card you spend at least INR 15,000 and INR 1 lakh the next year onwards
- Unlimited lounge access at prestigious airports all across India
- Royal treatment at top diners including bouquet service
- The rewards on this credit card are not worth much if not used by a frequent traveler
- Users have faced problem using this card in POS machines.
Card eligibility and requirements to apply
- Salaried applicants must have a minimum monthly salary of INR 40,000
- Salaried applicants must be at least 21 years and maximum 60 years of age.
- Self-employed applicants must have a minimum annual income tax return of INR 4.8 lakhs.
- Self-employed applicants must be at least 21 years of age and maximum 65 years of age.
Fees, Payments, and Charges (Terms & Conditions)
- Joining Fees: INR 10,000
- Annual Fees: INR 5,000
- Withdrawal charges: Every cash withdrawal comes with a 2.5% advance charge with the minimum charge being INR 500
- Over limit charge: A 2.5% charge is levied on the over limit amount with the minimum charge being INR 500
- Payment Return charge: All payment returns are subjected to charges 2% of the amount and minimum INR 450
- Processing fee: INR 100
- Reward redemption fee: A fee of INR 99 is charged per reward redemption request
- Reissuing of the card if lost, stolen, or damaged, costs INR 100
- Outstation cheque processing has a fee of INR 25 for cheques below INR 5000 and INR 50 for cheques above INR 5000.
Key Benefits – Rewards, Cashback, and Offers
While this card does not necessarily come with any cashback or instant discounts, it can help you save up while purchasing airline tickets. Each reward point earned through this card is equivalent to INR 0.75 or roughly 1 air mile. This is actually the most saving a card allows on airline tickets.
Features to note:
- If you spend INR 10,000 in a single cycle you save up to INR 3000 or 4000 air miles
- Comes with INR 50 lakhs worth of insurance if deceased due to airline accident
- Unlimited premium lounge access in airports
- Golf program
- Air accident cover and travel insurance
Which other cards to look at?
The HDFC Diners Club Credit Card is best used by frequent travelers, but there are also other cards such as HDFC Regalia, Jet Airways Bank Voyage and ICICI Rubyx Credit card. The HDFC Diners Black credit card has an amazing reward point system just like the other cards but at a lesser rate of interest or joining fee. Although, it’s important to note that the Diners Club Premium comes with a better joining reward and point conversion system.
The HDFC Diners Club Credit Card is a premium range credit card which can be availed rather easily. It is a perfect choice for those looking to spend huge amounts on traveling and dining outside. It also has reward point coverage for almost all things you shop. However, they can be redeemed only through airline purchases.