HDFC Bank is one of the premier banking institutions in India with a large customer base and wide acceptability all across the world. The bank offers a multitude of credit cards with different functionalities to cater to its varied customer base. Each credit card offered by the bank has different application procedures and delivery time periods. Hence, it is important for you to keep a track of your HDFC Credit Card Application Status to stay up to date. This article is aimed at guiding people on how they can track HDFC Bank Credit Card Application Status Online.
Track HDFC Bank Credit Card Application status
You can track your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application status, once you complete the credit card application process, (i.e. apply for a credit card). Tracking your HDFC Bank Credit card application status is quite simple. However, you need to have few documents as pre-requisites to track the credit card. The list is as follows.
- Application form number. This number is available on the application form used for credit card application.
- Alternatively, you can use the 16 Digit Application reference number in case you don’t have the application form number with you.
However, there is another way to track your HDFC Credit Card status even though your are not in possession of the two number mentioned above. You can use your mobile number and Date of Birth in the third method.
Different ways to track HDFC Credit Card Application Status
There are numerous ways by which you can track your credit card application status. They are as follows:
Tracking your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application Online
Tracking your application online is probably the easiest way to check your credit card application status. You can follow three different methods to track your HDFC Bank Credit Card application status online, depending on the resources at hand or at your convenience. You can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log on to official HDFC website. Once you are in, navigate to products>Cards>Credit Cards. Now click on ‘Track your credit card application status‘ which is present under Important Link section at the bottom of the page. You can follow this process or directly click HDFC website
- On the page, you will find different methods you can use to track your HDFC Bank Credit Card application.
- Enter your 16-Digit Application Reference number and mobile number in their respective columns.
- This method is feasible only if you are aware of your Application Reference number).
- Alternatively, you can enter your Application Number along with your mobile number. The application number is nothing but the form number present on the application form which was used to apply for credit card.
- Click Submit upon filling the blanks.
- Please make sure you type the correct application number. Failure to do so, will not fetch your status.
- This is the best method if you are not aware of your application number (or) reference number.
- Enter your Date of Birth and Mobile Number. Please make sure you input the DOB, as mentioned in the application form.
- Click on submit.
Please note that mobile number is common for all three fields. Make sure you enter the same mobile number as mentioned in the application form. The next page will give you the status of your HDFC credit card.
Tracking HDFC Credit Card application via Calls
Alternatively, you can call on 18002664332 (Toll-free) and use your Application Reference Number(ARN) or application number. A customer can call 24/7, 365 days a year.
Track Credit Card Application by visiting HDFC Bank Branch
Alternatively, if you not comfortable with online methods, you can visit an HDFC bank branch to track your credit card application status. However, you may need your ARN or application number to inquire about your credit card.
HDFC Credit Card Tracking Through Mobile Number
In addition, you can also check your credit card application status via your mobile number. Visit this page to check your status.Once you enter your mobile number, click on ‘send Verification Code’. You will receive a verification code (OTP) on your mobile number. Enter the verification code. Upon submitting the code, you will get a status of your HDFC Bank Credit Card application status.
Track Credit Card Application Status AirWay Bill Number
Once your completed credit card application reaches the bank, the same will be processed on priority (if all the eligibility criteria are met). Once the card is approved, you will receive a letter mentioning the AirWay bill number of the shipment carrying your Credit Card.
To check your application status through Airway Bill Number, visit this page.
What does my HDFC Credit card status mean?
- In Process – A credit card application is currently under review and will take a few more days to complete processing. An application will be in process until it is dispatched, rejected, or put on hold.
- Dispatched – If your credit card application is approved, you will get a text message saying dispatched. You will also receive an airmail number of the package.
- Disproved/rejected – If your credit card application is rejected, you will receive a text message saying disproved or rejected. No reason for rejection will be stated either.
- On-Hold – If you need to send additional information, you will receive a message from stating the same. After you resolve the issue, the application process will resume.
- Records Not Found – There may be an error in the application or misinformation in the bank records. Contact HDFC for more information.
FAQs on HDFC Credit Card Status Tracking:
I have not received my Credit Card. What should I do?
Generally, your Credit Card is delivered within 21 working days of submitting your application. If you have registered your mobile number with HDFC Bank, you will receive timely alerts informing you about the status and details of the dispatch of your Credit Card.
If you have received the alert on Airway Bill number (courier reference) on your mobile number provided in Credit card application form.
You can track the status of the shipment using the Airway Bill number by visiting the courier websites.
I had applied for a card a few days ago, but there is no update on the status. How do I find out card status?
If your application status does not change, then you can fill in the feedback form.
Alternatively, you can call on the following numbers:
- For Resident Indians: Please Visit this page for HDFC customer care number for your state.
- For NRIs: Please Visit this page
You can also mail them at the following addresses:
- For Regular Post:
Manager, HDFC Bank Cards Division, PO BOX # 8654
Thiruvanmiyur PO Chennai – 600 041
- For Courier:
Manager, HDFC Bank Cards Division,# 8, Lattice Bridge Road, Thiruvanmiyur,
Chennai – 600 041
If your grievance does not get addressed by the above-mentioned ways, you can approach their Grievance Redressal Officer through any of our access channels mentioned below.
- Email them at https://leads.hdfcbank.com/applications/webforms/apply/grievance_redressal_form.asp
- In addition, you can call the bank to further address your issues. Please visit this page for more details.
- Also, you have the provision to write to the bank. Please visit this page for more details.
Nevertheless, If the resolution provided by the Grievance Redressal Officer does not meet your expectation, you can approach their Principal Nodal Officer through some of the access channels mentioned on this page.
My application got rejected. When can I start with a fresh application?
Ans: You can reapply after 3 months following your previous application. However, in some exceptional situations, you might not be allowed to do so. Therefore, the first step for you is to find out why your application got rejected. However, the bank usually does not state the reason for application rejection.
If you have a poor credit history, then it is advisable to improve your credit history, before you start with a fresh application again.
How can I activate my new HDFC Credit Card?
Ans: You can generate PINs for your credit card by using the following methods.
- Insert your credit card at the HDFC Bank ATM and on the language selection screen, choose ” Create new ATM PIN using OTP ” option.
- Enter your registered mobile number
- Enter OTP received on your mobile
- Set your own 4 digit PIN
- Login to NetBanking with your Customer ID and IPIN, click on the Credit Cards tab
- Click “Credit Card ATM PIN” option, select your Credit Card from the drop-down menu, and click Continue.
- Please Confirm the transaction. A message will be displayed on successful completion.
Your new Credit Card PIN will be delivered to your mailing address registered with the Bank