ICICI is one of the leading financial institutions in India, with the bank offering multiple credit and debit cards coupled with good reward rates and benefits. Each credit card offered by the ICICI Bank has different requirements and eligibility criteria. Hence, it is of utmost importance to track your ICICI Credit Card Application Status once you finish applying for a credit card. This article is aimed at guiding people on how to track ICICI Credit Card Status.
Steps to Track ICICI Credit Card Application status
Tracking an ICICI Credit Card application status is quite simple. The pre-requisites are as follows
- The application number allotted, the moment you applied for the credit card.
- Alternatively, in case you don’t have the application number, you can also use the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Moreover, you also need to provide your Date of Birth (DOB) and mobile number.
Different ways to track ICICI Bank Credit Card Status
There are numerous ways by which you can track your ICICI credit card application status. They are as follows:
Track Credit Card Application Online
Tracking your application online is probably the easiest way to check your credit card application status. You can follow the steps mentioned below to track your credit card application status online.
- Log onto the ICICI website and navigate to track application status option (or) directly click this page.
- You can check your application status in two different ways. You can choose one depending on your convenience, and the information available. Under the first method
- You must input your mobile number, and Date of Birth.
- Upon filling in the details and clicking on Send OTP, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP
- Alternatively, you can follow the second method where you need to fill in details pertaining to your mobile number and Date of Birth.
- Additionally, you have to enter your application number. (The second method is advisable only if you are in possession of your application number)
- Next, click on the submit button upon which will get the status of your ICICI credit card.
Track ICICI Credit Card application Status through iMobile (Mobile App)
- You can download the iMobile app from either the Google Play store, App store Windows Store or Blackberry World as the app is available across various platforms.
- You can log into the app using your account number. Once you are logged in, you will find an option named “Cards and Loans”.
- Go to the credit card option. Your credit card application status will be displayed on your mobile app.
Track Credit Card application via Calls
You can also call ICICI Bank customer care 18001024242 (toll-free) number to track your ICICI credit card application status. However, you can reach the bank only working days of the week (Mon-Fri) between 9.00 A.M – 6.00 P.M
Track Credit Card Application Status by visiting ICICI Bank Branch
A person can track their ICICI credit card application just by visiting any ICICI branch. Furthermore, a representative will help you with your tracking status.
What does my ICICI Credit card status mean?
- In Progress – It means that your credit card application is currently in progress. An application will continue to be in progress unless it is approved, rejected, on-hold or dispatched.
- Approved – It means that your credit card application is approved by the bank. Your credit card will be delivered shortly thereafter.
- Dispatched – It means that an application is approved. After approval, you will get an SMS stating that the card will reach you within two to three days. Also, the credit card applicant must be present at the time of delivery.
- Rejected – It means that your credit card application is rejected. Moreover, you will receive a text message saying disproved or rejected as you may not meet the eligibility criteria specified by ICICI Bank. However, if the bank rejects your application, you can call customer care to enquire the reason for rejection.
- On-Hold – It means that the bank requires you to send additional documentation information. Thus, you will receive a message stating on-hold and the steps you need to follow or documents that need to be submitted.
FAQs on ICICI Credit Card Status:
Q1. How many days does it take to receive my ICICI Bank credit card?
Ans: It might take up to 21 days to get an approval for the card that you have applied for and to get the card delivered to your doorstep. However, it might take even longer on some occasions.
Q2. I had applied for a card a few days ago, but there is no update on the status. How do I find out what has happened to my application?
Ans: If your application status does not change, then you can call the bank at 1800 200 3344. You should provide them with a service request which is no longer than 2 months old. Additionally, you should register your query between 9 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday.
Q3.I lost my credit card application reference number. What do I do now?
Ans: You can use the OTP sent to your registered mobile number to track your application status. Moreover, you will have to provide your mobile number and Date of Birth.
Q4. My application got rejected. When can I start with a fresh application?
Ans: You can re-apply after 3 months of your previous application. However, in some exceptional situations, you might not be allowed to do so. Therefore, the first step for you is to find out why your application got rejected.
If you have a poor credit history, then it is advisable to improve your credit history, before you start with a fresh application again. Otherwise, you can call ICICI at 18001024242 (please prefix the STD code of your city).
Q5. How can I check my Card Dispatch Status?
Ans: You can track the Dispatch status of your credit card by visiting this page.