Track SBI credit card status
An applicant should know how to track an SBI bank credit card application when applying for a credit card. To track a credit card application status, an applicant needs the application number or the application reference number allotted at the time of credit card application.
SBI Credit Card Application Status
To track your credit card application status, follow the following steps:
- Log on to the SBI website. Click the credit card link in the options.
- Next, click on track credit card application status. You will have to select from two options, retrieve the application or track application. Click on track application.
- Now, to track an application, you will be required to fill in either your Application Reference Number or Application Form Number. To retrieve an application, you need your Date of birth along with your PAN number and registered mobile number.
- After entering the details accurately, click on submit. The next page will give you the status of your SBI credit card.
You can alternatively call customer care (toll-free) to track your SBI credit card application status. The number is 18601801290. You can also call 39020202 (not toll-free).
An applicant can write to SBI to get the details of their SBI credit card application status. To write a mail through post and wait for a response takes time and may not be accurate by the time you receive the mail.
A person can track their SBI credit card application status by visiting an SBI bank branch. Visit an SBI branch for further details.
SBI Credit Card Status Meaning
- In Progress – an SBI credit card application is currently under review. It will take a few more days to complete processing. An application will be in progress unless its approved, dispatched, disproved, on-hold, etc.
- Approved – an SBI credit card application is approved. You should receive your credit card to your registered address within a few days.
- Dispatched – After an application has received approval, you will get an SMS stipulating the expected time of delivery. At the time of delivery, you must furnish an identity proof document.
- Rejected – If your credit card application is rejected, you will receive a text message saying disproved or rejected. This could be because you don’t meet the eligibility criteria, etc. If the bank rejects your application, you can only re-apply after 3 months for another credit card.
- On-Hold – If you need to send additional information, you will receive a message stating on-hold. Sometimes, an application is put on hold due to failed document verification. The application process will resume after you resolve the issue.