FinTown Rating: 4/ 5
The JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card is one of the 4 offerings of HDFC Bank in partnership with Jet Airways JPMiles Program. The other three cards are JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Select/Titanium, JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Platinum, and JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club. The order of premiumness amongst these cards ranges from lower end at Select/Titanium, Platinum, World, and Diners Club.
The JetPrivilege World Credit Card is the premium offering with an annual fee of Rs. 2500 per year. With 5% discounts on Jet Airways and JetPrivilege miles accruing for all spend, this is a great offering for those who frequently fly Jet Airlines.
- Excellent rewards program
- Access Passes to Airport Lounges (both Domestic and International)
- Joining Bonus Gift
- No rewards beyond Jet Airways
- High APR at 42%
JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card: Fees & Charges:
- Annual Fee: Rs. 2500
- APR Interest Rate (Annual Percentage Rate): 41.88%
- Late payment Charges: Rs. 100 – Rs. 700
- Cash Advance Fee: 2.5%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2%
What benefits and rewards will one get?
With the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card, one will have access to the following benefits:
- Joining Benefit:
- One way (base fare waived) Jet Airways ticket
- 3750 Bonus JPMiles with first card purchase within 3 months of card issue
- 3750 Bonus JPMiles with spend of INR 75,000 within first 3 months of card issue
- Renewal Fee Waiver: Rs. 2500 in fee waived if previous year spend is greater than INR 3 Lakhs
- JPMiles Program:
- 18 JP Miles for every Rs. 150 spent on Jet Airways official website
- 6 JPMiles for every Rs 150 spent on Retail
- Tier Points: Get one ‘Tier Point’ in your JetPrivilege Frequent Flyer Membership on every Rs. 2,00,000/- spent
- Airport lounge access:
- International – 5 access passes through Priority Pass Membership
- Domestic – 4 access passes per quarter through VISA/Mastercard programs
- Fuel surcharge Waiver: Up to 1% waived
- Jet Airways Discount: 5% Discount on base fare for tickets booked on Jet Airways
How to make the most of the JetPrivilege card?
- Make your first card purchase within 3 months of card issuing to get 3750 Bonus JPMiles
- Spend INR 75,000 within the first 3 months of card issuing to get 3750 Bonus JPMiles
- Spend INR 3 lakhs per year to save INR 2500 in annual fee
- For all Jet Airways purchases, make sure you use this card to get 18 JPMiles per Rs. 150 in spend
Which other cards should you look at?
A comparable alternative for the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card is the Air India SBI SIgnature Credit Card which provides airline-specific benefits like the HDFC Card for Air India. With 30 reward points in benefits for every Rs. 100 in spend on Air India tickets and 4 reward points for spend on all other categories, this SBI card is a good alternative for those who do more flying on Air India compared to Jet Airways. While the Annual Fee is higher at Rs. 4,999, the Air India SBI Card offers great value for Air India frequent flyers.
If you frequently travel Jet Airways, the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card is one of the best credit cards to earn JP Tier Points. Depending on your monthly spend and travel needs, you may also consider the other HDFC JetPrivilege credit cards.
With APR at 41.88%, those who are trying to rotate balance on their credit card may look away from this one.