The SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is one of the best options in the market available for first-time credit card users. With excellent rewards and offers for online shopping to go along with a minimal fee of INR 499 per annum, it is a very effective credit card for rookies. Given the card’s preferred partners such as Amazon, ClearTrip, and BookMyShow, it surely is aimed at the young urban millennial.
The SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card offers 10x rewards on online shopping at sites like Amazon, ClearTrip, BookMyShow, etc. Furthermore, on all other e-commerce spends, rewards are at 5x. For any other spend, rewards are at 1x. Additionally, there are special discounts for first-time spends at BookMyShow, Urban Clap.
All of this comes at a very low fee at INR 499. The fee to rewards combo makes it a very sweet deal for first-time card users.
- FinTown Rating: 3.5 / 5
- Pros & Cons:
- Benefits/Rewards – SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card:
- Is the Rewards Rate Good?
- Is this card for you?
- Payments & Fees:
- How to get the most out of this card?
- How to Redeem Rewards – SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card:
- Terms & Conditions Explained:
- Application Requirements:
- Customer Feedback:
- Other Credit Cards with similar/better Features:
- How to apply SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card:
- Bottom Line:
FinTown Rating: 3.5 / 5
Rating by Category:
- Given the benefits it offers, the INR 499 Annual Fee is quite good for cards in this segment.
- The 10 reward points that you get for every INR 100 spent on partner e-commerce sites is impressive. Additionally, for all other e-commerce sites, you get 5x rewards. Therefore, a rating of 4 is justified.
- The initial bonus in the form of Amazon gift gets a slightly above average rating due to the offers on Amazon, bookmyshow and Urban Clap.
- The Annual Percentage Rate of 40.2% was rather on the higher side.
- Customer satisfaction levels were average on mouthshut.com. There were mixed reviews on this card. While some cardholders had a very good experience with the card, some others complained of poor customer service.
Pros & Cons:
|Reasons to Choose SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card||Reasons to avoid SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card|
|Low Fees||No dining benefits|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||Monthly Interest rate of 3.35%|
|10 points for every INR 100 spent on e-commerce sites like Amazon, Lenskart, Ola.||Poor rewards for offline and Retail Spending|
|5x Reward points on every INR 100 spent on other e-commerce sites.|
|Annual Fees Reversal on spending INR 1,00,000 on the SBI card.|
Benefits/Rewards – SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card:
- You get 10X Reward Points on online spends with exclusive partners – Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Foodpanda / Lenskart / UrbanClap.
- You can earn 5X rewards on all other online spends.
With a spend of INR 1,00,000, you can get an INR. 2000 ClearTrip voucher. You can redeem your points for flight and hotel bookings on ClearTrip, but not a bus or train booking.
You can enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between INR 500 and INR 3000(exclusive of GST, wherever applicable, & all other charges).
You can get an amazon.in gift card worth INR 500 on joining.
Any purchases of INR 2500 and above on the SBI Simply Click Card, can be converted into easy EMIs.
You can get a cheque or draft delivered to your home, based on your credit limit.
Balance Transfer on EMI
You can transfer the outstanding balance of other banks’ credit cards to yourSBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card. This is helpful in availing a lower rate of interest which you can pay in EMIs.
Benefits for First-time Users
The first time users of Urban Clap get a 40% discount on using Urban Clap services. Furthermore, you get INR 100 instant cashback on first movie ticket booked on BookMyShow Mobile App for first time BookMyShow users.
Is the Rewards Rate Good?
For online spends on partner e-commerce sites such as Amazon, ClearTrip etc, you earn 10 points for every INR 100 spent.
Also,1 Reward point = INR 0.20. On spending INR 100, you earn 10 reward points i.e. 0.20 * 10 = INR 2. On spending INR 1, you get INR 0.02.Therefore, the rewards rate for online shopping is 2%.
For non-partner e-commerce sites, the rewards rate is 1%. For all other purposes, the rewards rate is 0.2%.
Is this card for you?
- If you are an online shopaholic: This card is targeted for first-time or second-time credit card users who shop online at sites like Amazon and Cleartrip.
- If milestone benefits are something that you are keen on: With a spend of INR 1,00,000, one can get INR 2000 ClearTrip voucher.
Payments & Fees:
|Annual Fee||INR 499|
|Joining Fee||INR 499|
|Renewal Fee||Waived off when spend value is above INR 1,00,000 a year.|
|Foreign Transaction mark-up fee||3.5% of the transaction amount|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||5% of the amount withdrawn, for each transaction. For transactions made from international ATMs, INR 300 or 3% of the amount withdrawn for every transaction|
|Late Payments Fee||INR 0 – INR 750 (No late payment fee for a total amount due less than INR 200)|
|Credit Card Replacement Fee||INR 100|
|Minimum Payment Due (MPD) on
extended credit usage
|5% of Total Outstanding (Min. INR200) + all applicable taxes + EMI (in case of EMI based products)+OVL amount (if any)|
|Railway Ticket Surcharge|| 1.8% + GST through IRCTC
INR 30 + 2.5% of transaction amount(Railway tickets through Railway counters)
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 99|
How to get the most out of this card?
To obtain maximum benefits from this card, you should use this card for meeting your online shopping needs. Shopping on partner websites like Amazon, ola, clearTrip will get you maximum reward points. You can redeem these points against cash or products of your choice.The gift cards on clearTrip are valid for hotel and flight bookings only.
Additionally, you can get the annual fee waived off by spending INR 1,00,000. Furthermore, you can make use of the welcome vouchers to reap full benefits out of SBI SimplyCLICK Card.
The first time users of Urban Clap can enjoy 40% discounts. Additionally, with a spend of INR 1,00,000, you can get INR 2000 ClearTrip voucher. Therefore, all of these benefits make SBI SimplyCLICK one of the best credit cards for online shopaholics.
How to Redeem Rewards – SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card:
By logging in to sbicard.com, you can browse through the rewards catalogue. To redeem cash against points, you have to write to sbicard.com/email. Visit this page to redeem your rewards. You can choose from an exciting range of products according to your needs.
Terms & Conditions Explained:
- Grace Period: The interest-free credit period is 0-50 days for SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card (applicable only on retail purchases and if previous months’ outstanding balance is paid).
- Validity of Current Offers: The current offers/ benefits are valid till 30th June 2018.
- Annual Fee Reversal: When you spend INR 1,00,000, you can get your annual fee of INR 499 reversed for your SimplyCLICK SBI card in the subsequent year.
- Cash Advance Limit: The cash advance limit is up to 80% of credit limit, with a maximum of INR 12,000 per day.
- You must be more than 21 years and less than 70 years old.
- You have to furnish supporting documents such as self-attested copies of income proof, identity proofs, residence proof, PAN card along with a photograph.
- Your Proof of income like salary slip, bank statement, etc. will also be required.
Based on 45 reviews on www.mouthshut.com, the SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card gets a rating of 2.58. The customers are fairly satisfied with the rewards programme on online shopping. However, some customers are not happy with the bank’s customer service. Some customers highlight the fact that the bank does not approve credit card applications of people earning less than INR 20,000.
Other Credit Cards with similar/better Features:
ICICI Bank Coral Amex Credit Card:
The ICICI Bank Amex Coral Credit offers better in terms of savings on Fuel and special Amex privileges such as dining discounts, complimentary access to 8 domestic airport lounges and 1 railway lounges per year etc. The offer on movie tickets is also something that the SBI SimplyCLICK does not provide. You can get up to 2 free movie tickets per month. However, the maximum value per ticket should not exceed INR 250.
The ICICI Coral Amex Credit card also provides a minimum 15% discount on your dining bills. You can avail this discount at over 2500 restaurants across 12 cities in India.
With the ICICI Bank Coral Amex Credit Card, the PAYBACK Points rewards programme is very impressive. Additionally, you can earn 50% more PAYBACK points for all your online spends. Furthermore, you can get up to 10,000 PAYBACK points every anniversary yearThe PAYBACK points for the different categories of spends are as follows:
- 2 PAYBACK points on every INR 100 spent on your card (except fuel).
- 3 PAYBACK points on every INR 100 spent on online transactions.
- 1 PAYBACK point on every INR100 spent on utilities and insurance categories.
- Under the ICICI Bank Milestone Rewards programme, get 2000 PAYBACK points on spending Rs. 2,00,000 on your card and 1000 payback points each time you cross INR 1,00,000 spend thereafter in an anniversary year; maximum of 10,000 PAYBACK points per year
One of the major disadvantages of this card is its high-interest rate. The monthly interest rate of this card is 3.40%, which gets annualized to 40.80%. Additionally, you don’t get any bonus points for signing up for this card. Moreover, the 2.5% cash back on fuel, is capped at INR 100 every month. So, the maximum cash back on fuel per year is INR 1200.
The joining fee for the ICICI Amex Coral Credit Card is INR 500. The Annual Fee from the second year onwards is also INR 500. However, the annual fee can be waived off on spending INR 1,50,000 on retail spends in the previous year.
Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card:
The Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card is a great option for you if you are a frequent user of Flipkart. Like the SBI Simply Click, this card also targets shopaholics.This credit card gives you 5% discount on Flipkart everytime you shop. However, the monthly benefits is capped at INR 200.The eDGE Rewards programme is also a good offer that you might want to look at:
- 6 Axis eDGE Reward Points on every INR 200 spent online (except for online travel spends).
- 2 Axis eDGE Reward Points on every INR 200 spent.
The welcome benefits of the Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card is not great but good. On making 3 purchases within the first 45 days, you get a voucher from Flipkart worth INR 1000.
The Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card’s milestones benefits are one of the best in the market. Upon crossing spend values of INR 25,000, INR 50,000 and INR 1,00,000 on Flipkart, you get Flipkart vouchers of INR 500, INR 1000 and INR 2500 respectively. Similarly, on overall spends of INR 1,00,000 and INR 2,00,000 on your card, you get Flipkart vouchers worth INR 1,000 and INR 2,000 respectively.
Additionally, you get 15% discounts on dining, unlike SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card. Furthermore, you convert any of your big purchases above INR 2500 to EMIs.
On this card, you earn an attractive 5.7% annual benefits w.r.t percentage of total spends on the card. To get more details, visit this page on Axis Bank website.
The Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card comes with an Annual Fee of INR 750, which is higher than the SBI Simply Click Card’s Annual Fee. However, the interest rate per month for this card is the same as SBI Simply Click i.e 3.35%.
HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card:
The HDFC Bank Credit Card targets female shopaholics who travel a lot. However, this card is for retail purchases and not online shopping.
This card is also great for all the lovely ladies who use nykaa.com for their beauty and lifestyle products. As a welcome offer, you get a 10% discount on a minimum purchase amount of INR 1500. The maximum discount you can avail is capped at INR 500. Additionally, you cannot use this offer on personal care products whose value is less than INR 200, luxe products and pop up store.
The features of the HDFC Solitaire are impressive due to the following attributes:
- Get INR 1,000 Shopping vouchers on INR 75,000 spends every 6 months.
- Redeem Reward Points as CashBack against outstanding amount on your Credit Card (100 Reward Points = INR 20)
- 50% more Reward Points on dining and grocery spends.
- 3 Reward Points on INR 150 spent.
The advantage that it offers over the SBI SimplyCLICK Card is the travel benefits that it offers. If you are an avid shopper who travels a lot, the Solitaire Credit Card is the right choice for you. You can enjoy redemption of Reward Points against air miles of Jet Airways (Jet Privilege Miles) and Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer Miles).
How to apply SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card:
To apply for this credit card, you need to fill in your name, mobile number and email address on the page mentioned below. The bank will respond to you in a few days after receiving your details.
Think this credit card is for you? APPLY NOW.
The SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is a great option for first-time credit card users who want to get good rewards for online shopping with a low fee. Moreover, stay away from this card if you shop a lot at physical retail stores or if you expect to be not making full payments every month towards your credit card bills.
FinTown Advantage: We provide unbiased personal finance advice to help people make the best possible financial decisions. Our reviews and ratings of financial products are determined by customer financial wellbeing and not profiteering. Whether or not we make a penny, we do what is best for the customer. Our research team is made up of economists and market researchers who spend hundreds of hours researching and comparing products with the same mission in mind.