Standard Chartered Landmark Platinum Rewards Credit Card is a co-branded credit card offered by Standard Chartered Bank in partnership with Landmark. This credit card not only offers 9X rewards on purchases made at Landmark stores such as Max, Lifestyle and HomeCentre but also offers 2X rewards on all other purchases made on this credit card. Additionally, it offers cash back on purchases from Lifestyle and HomeCentre during sale previews. Grocery purchases with this credit card will let you earn 5% cash back at SPAR stores.
FinTown Rating: 3/5
Rating by Category:
|Category||Rating (out of 5)
|Rewards/Cash back Rate
- Annual Fee for this credit card is very low i.e. INR 250.
- 9X rewards at LandMark Affiliated stores, therefore, a rating of 4.
- You get coupons worth INR 2,700 as welcome bonus. Hence, a rating of 3.
- The Annual Percentage Rate for this credit card is 41.88%, which is on the higher side. Hence, a rating of 2.5 is justified.
Pros & Cons:
|Reasons to Choose
||Reasons to avoid
|9X Rewards at Landmark Affiliated Stores||High interest rate|
|Cash back on Uber rides||No Airport Lounge Access|
|Gift vouchers||No golf privileges|
|Cash back during sale previews at Lifestyle and HomeCentre|
Rewards/Benefits- SC Landmark Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- Welcome Bonus: Coupons worth INR 2,700 from Lifestyle Affiliated stores
- Rewards Programme:
- At all Landmark affiliated stores such as MAX, Homecentre and Lifestyle, earn 9X points on every INR 200 spent
- For all other purchases, earn 2X rewards
- Cash back:
- Additional 5% cash back during sale previews at Lifestyle and Home Centre
- Get 5% cash back at SPAR stores
- Get 20% cash back on your Uber rides and save INR 7,200 a year (capped at INR 600 a month)
Is the rewards rate good?
You earn 9X Rewards for every INR 200 spent at Landmark Affiliated Stores. For all other transactions, you get 2X reward points. These points can be used to purchase vouchers or directly redeemed at stores.
Some of the popular vouchers that you can purchase are as follows:
- Flipkart e-voucher worth INR 2000 for 7,550 points (1 reward point = INR 0.26)
- Westside Gift voucher worth INR 1,000 for 4,000 reward points (1 reward point = INR 0.25)
- Pizza Hut voucher worth INR 250 for 1,100 reward points (1 reward point = INR 0.22)
- BookMyShowvoucher worth INR 150 for 550 points (1 Reward point = INR 0.27)
Additionally, you would get 5% cashback on your grocery shopping at SPAR stores up to a maximum of INR 500 per month.
How to Redeem Rewards?
To redeem your Landmark Platinum Rewards Credit Card rewards, you will have to log in to your account and choose products or services of your choice. For redeeming rewards, visit this page.
Is this Card for you?
This card is for you if:
- You are a regular customer at Landmark affiliated stores
- You purchase all your grocery from SPAR
- Your gross monthly income is INR 20,000 and above
- High interest rate does not bother you.
- Lack of free golf games and complimentary golf games do not bother you
Payments & Fees – SC Landmark Platinum Rewards Credit Card:
|Annual Fee||INR 250|
|Foreign Transaction mark-up fee||3.5% of the transaction amount.|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||3% of cash withdrawal amount subject to a minimum of INR 300|
|Late Payments Fee||INR 100 to INR 800 depending upon statement outstanding balanceAdditionally, a late charge of INR 100 will be charged when two consecutive months are missed|
|Over Limit Fees||INR 500 per instance or 2.5% of the Overlimit amount. (Minimum INR 500)|
|Minimum Payment Due (MPD) on
extended credit usage
|The higher of the following:
(a) 5% of statement outstanding
(b) sum total of all instalments billed, interest, fees, other charges, the amount that is over limit and 1% of the principal.
|Surcharges||INR 25 or 2.5% of the transaction (whichever is higher) on Railway transactions. INR 10 or 1% of the transaction (whichever is higher) on Petrol transactions.|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 99|
How to get the most out of this card?
To get the most out of this card, the minimum transaction value at SPAR stores should be INR 1,500. For every such transaction, you will get a cash back of INR 150. However, the monthly cash back is capped at INR 500. Similarly, for your first swipe, you would get 1,000 reward points worth INR 600. Additionally, you can avail 20% cash back on Uber rides by spending INR 15,000 in the previous month.
Terms & Conditions Explained:
- Late Payment Fee:
- 100 INR for statement outstanding balance less than or equal to INR 500
- 350 INR for statement outstanding balance between INR 501 and INR 2,000
- 500INR for statement outstanding balance between INR 2,001 and INR 4,000
- 700 INR for statement outstanding balance between INR 4,001 and INR 20,000
- 800 INR for statement outstanding balance greater than INR 20,000.
Application Requirements/Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant’s age should be between 21 and 65.
- Applicant should have a stable monthly income.
- Applicant should belong to credit cards sourcing cities/locations of the Bank
- All applications are subject to credit and other policy checks of the Bank
Other co-branded credit cards:
Air India SBI Signature Credit Card (For Air India Frequent Flyers)
The Air India SBI Signature Credit Card is one of the best co-branded credit cards offered by SBI. It is primarily targeted at Air India Frequent flyers. It offers incomparable rewards and benefits for an annual fee of INR 4,999. Moreover, the 20,000 reward points on joining are one of the best features of this card. Furthermore, this card offers both domestic and international airport lounge access. You can get up to 1,00,000 points as an annual bonus on achieving milestone retail spends of INR 20,00,000. Furthermore, you will earn up to 30 Reward Points for every INR 100 spent on Air India bookings through airindia.com or airindia mobile app.
SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card (Online shopping from specific popular brands)
The SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is one of the best credit cards for people who make purchases from partners such as Amazon, India, Cleartrip, LensKart, FabFurnish, BookMyShow, Foodpanda and Ola Cabs. This card comes at a very low annual fee of INR 499 and this fee also gets waived off on spending INR 1,00,000. Additionally, you can get vouchers worth INR 1,000 and 2,000 respectively on achieving online spends of INR 1,00,000 and 2,00,000 respectively. This card also offers a fuel surcharge waiver of 1 %.
JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card (For Jet Airways Frequent Flyers
Another co-branded credit card that will serve your flight booking needs is the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card. It offers a welcome bonus of 7,500 JPMiles. Additionally, the base fare for Jet Airways domestic flight tickets is also waived off in the first 90 days. You will also get a discount voucher worth INR 750 on return flight tickets. The best feature of this credit card is the JPMiles Accrual Programme. For every INR 150 spent on booking tickets from jetairways.com, you earn 18 JPMiles. For retail expenses, you get 6 JPMiles for every INR 150 spent on your JetPrivilege Credit Card.
Standard Chartered Landmark Rewards Credit Card is a good option when you shop frequently from SPAR, Max, Lifestyle, HomeCentre or other affiliated Landmark stores. If you are not a frequent customer at these stores, then you should steer clear of this credit card and opt for a credit card or a co-branded credit card that serves your purpose. Furthermore, this credit card has a high annualized interest rate of 41.88%. Therefore, you should either try to pay your credit card bills every month or stay away from cards with high interest rate.
FinTown Advantage: We provide unbiased personal finance advice to help people make the best possible financial decisions. Our reviews and ratings of financial products are determined by customer financial wellbeing and not profiteering. Whether or not we make a penny, we do what is best for the customer. Our research team is made up of economists and market researchers who spend hundreds of hours researching and comparing products with the same mission in mind.