The Standard Chartered Bank Super Value Titanium Card is one of the best cash back credit cards available at a reasonable Annual Fee. It offers 5% cashback not only on fuel and utility payments but also on phone bills. Furthermore, the annual fee for this card is low and it can be waived off on meeting eligible spend requirements on your card. Premium customers are eligible for complimentary airport lounge access and if you live in cities where Uber operates, you can make use of the 20% cash back on Uber rides.
FinTown Rating: 3/5
Rating by Category:
|Category||Rating (out of 5)
|Rewards/Cash back Rate
- The annual fee for this credit card is INR 750 which gets waived off easily on spending INR 60,000 on your card in the previous year.
- The 5% cash back rate for this card is quite good, however, it is capped at INR 200per month for fuel and telephone bills. For utility bill payments, the 5% cash back is capped at INR 100 per month
- Initial bonus for this credit card is not so great. You get BookMyShow voucher worth INR 1,000 and 500 points on registering for online banking.
- Annual Percentage Rate for most SC cards is set at 41.88%, which is on the higher side.
Pros & Cons:
|Reasons to Choose
||Reasons to avoid
|Cash back on fuel, utility, telephone bills||High interest rate|
|Cash back on Uber rides||Unappealing welcome bonus|
|Annual Fee Reversal||No golf privileges|
|Airport Lounge Access||Airport lounge access only for Premium Banking Customers|
Rewards/Benefits – SC Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- Welcome Benefit: Get BookMyShow voucher worth INR 1,000 and 500 reward points on registering for online banking
- Renewal Fee Waiver: Spend INR 60,000 in a year to get the annual fee waived off
- Cash back: 5% cashback on fuel, utility and telephone bill spends; minimum transaction to be eligible for cash back is INR 750
- Benefits for Premium Customers: Spend INR 10,000 on your card in previous month to avail one complimentary airport lounge access via main/supplementary card; 5X rewards for overseas point-of-sales spends
- Cash back on Uber rides – Save up to INR 7,200 a year in your cab rides (monthly cap is set at INR 600)
- Rewards: 1 reward point for every INR 150 spent in categories excluding the spends in cash back category
Is the Rewards Rate good?
For fuel, utility and telephone bill payments, you earn a 5% cash back which is quite good. However, you can get a cash back of INR 100 per transaction (cash back cannot exceed INR 200 in a month) for your fuel transaction and telephone bill payment. For your utility payments, you can save up to INR 100 a month as cash back.
For all other spends, you get 1 reward point for every INR 150 spent. Some of the popular vouchers that you can purchase are as follows:
- Flipkart e-voucher worth INR 2000 for 7,550 points
- Westside Gift voucher worth INR 1,000 for 4,000 reward points
- Pizza Hut voucher worth INR 250 for 1,100 reward points
- BookMyShowvoucher worth INR 150 for 550 points
How to Redeem Rewards?
To redeem your Super Value Titanium Credit Card rewards, you will have to log in to your account and choose products or services of your choice. For redeeming rewards, visit this page.
Is this Card for you?
This card is for you if:
- You can spend INR 15,000 on your card in a month
- High interest rates do not bother you
- You live in a metropolitan city
- You spend at least INR 4,000 on fuel in a month
Payments & Fees – SC Super Value Titanium Credit Card:
|Annual Fee||INR 750; Premium clients holding the Premium Super Value Titanium card will not be charged annual fees|
|Foreign Transaction mark-up fee||3.5% of the transaction amount.|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||3% of cash withdrawal amount subject to a minimum of INR 300|
|Late Payments Fee||INR 100 to INR 800 depending upon statement outstanding balance
Additionally, a late charge of INR 100 will be charged when two consecutive months are missed
|Over Limit Fees||INR 500 per instance or 2.5% of the Overlimit amount. (Minimum INR 500)|
|Minimum Payment Due (MPD) on
extended credit usage
|The higher of the following:
(a) 5% of statement outstanding
(b) sum total of all instalments billed, interest, fees, other charges, the amount that is over limit and 1% of the principal.
|Surcharges||INR 25 or 2.5% of the transaction (whichever is higher) on Railway transactions. INR 10 or 1% of the transaction (whichever is higher) on Petrol transactions.|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 99|
How to get the most out of this card?
To get the most out of this credit card, you should spend at least INR 4,000(INR 2,000 twice) on fuel a month to get INR 200 cash back. Furthermore, you can get the maximum benefit by making two telephone bill payments of INR 2,000 or more. For utility payments, you need to make a payment of INR 2,000 to get a cash back of INR 100.
To be eligible for all cash back on Uber rides, you need to spend INR 15,000 on your card a month. Premium Customers should spend INR 10,000 on their cards to avail one complimentary airport lounge access a month.
Terms and Conditions Explained:
- Minimum Spends:
- INR 15,000 on your card in the previous month to be eligible for cash back on Uber
- INR 10,000 on your card to be eligible for complimentary airport lounge access once a month (only for Premium Banking Customers)
- Minimum transaction value of INR 750 to be eligible for cash back on telephone bills, utility and fuel payments
Application Requirements/Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant’s age should be between 21 and 65.
- Applicant should have a stable monthly income.
- Applicant should belong to credit cards sourcing cities/locations of the Bank
- All applications are subject to credit and other policy checks of the Bank
Other Credit Cards with similar/better features:
ICICI HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card
Unlike the SC Super Value Titanium Credit card which offers complimentary airport lounge access only to Premium Banking Customers, the ICICI HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card offers 2 complimentary airport lounge access in Indian airports to all ICICI HPCL Coral Amex cardholders. Moreover, you can avail a cash back of 2.5% on fuel spends which is capped at INR 100 a month (HPCL petrol pumps only). Additionally, Fuel Surcharge is waived off at HPCL petrol pumps. Spend INR 50,000 on your credit card in a calendar year to get the annual fee of INR 199 waived off. You also get discounts up to INR 100 on two movie tickets a month. This credit card also allows a minimum savings of 15% on your dining bills at partner restaurants.
HDFC Bank Bharat Cash back Credit Card
This credit card has categorised IRCTC bookings, fuel, bill payments, recharges into one category and allEasyEMI, PayZapp and SmartBUY transactions using the card, into another category. You can earn cash back of up to INR 150 in each of these categories. Please note that minimum transaction to get a cash back is INR 500, maximum being INR 4,000. With this credit card, you can save up to INR 3,000 in a calendar year. You will also get a Fuel Surcharge waiver of 1% on your Bharat Cash back Credit Card.
The Super Value Titanium Credit Card is one of the best credit cards offered in the fuel and bill payments category. Except for high interest rate, no complimentary access to non-premium customers, no free golf lessons/green fee waivers, this card offers good cash back. The 20% cash back on Uber rides and 5% on fuel, utility payments and telephone bills, make this a really good card to have in your wallet.
Think this card is for you? APPLY NOW.
FinTown Advantage: We provide unbiased personal finance advice to help people make the best possible financial decisions. Our reviews and ratings of financial products are determined by customer financial wellbeing and not profiteering. Whether or not we make a penny, we do what is best for the customer. Our research team is made up of economists and market researchers who spend hundreds of hours researching and comparing products with the same mission in mind.