Standard Chartered Yatra Platinum Credit Card is targeted at frequent travellers who make their bookings with yatra.com. This co-branded credit card lets you earn rewards, cash back, vouchers, fuel surcharge waiver and much more. You get a welcome gift worth INR 4,000 and all your cancellation fees on yatra.com also gets waived off with this credit card. Additionally, you get 4X reward points for purchases made on yatra.com.
FinTown Rating: 3.5/5
Rating by Category:
|Category||Rating (out of 5)
- The Annual Fee for this credit card is only INR 499.
- Rewards rate is the maximum on yatra spends, which ranges from 3.5% to 4.5% depending on which voucher you want to redeem your points for.
- The initial bonus is only 1,500 points.
- Annual Percentage Rate for this credit card is 41.88%.
Pros & Cons:
|Reasons to Choose
||Reasons to avoid
|Cash back on Yatra Spends||High interest rate|
|Welcome Vouchers||No airport lounge access|
|Waivers on Yatra Cancellation fees||No golf privileges|
|Cash back on Uber|
Rewards/Benefits – SC Yatra Platinum Credit Card:
- Welcome Bonus:
- Get 1,000 Additional reward points on your first transaction
- Get an additional 500 reward points on registering for online banking
- Rewards Programme: 4X Rewards on Yatra spends and 2 points per INR 100 on other spends
- Yatra Benefits: 10% cash back on Yatra Spends and cancellation fee waiver on Yatra.com
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver on all Uber rides
- Cash back on uber rides: 20% cash back on Uber rides
Is the Rewards Rate good?
If we take an approximation of 1 reward point is equal to INR 4, then the rewards rate on Yatra spends is 4%. This can, however, vary depending on the brand names. For all other spends, the rewards rate will lie in the range of 1.5% to 2.5%, depending on the brands you choose.
Some of the popular vouchers that you can purchase are as follows:
- Flipkart e-voucher worth INR 2000 for 7,550 points (1 reward point = INR 0.26)
- Westside Gift voucher worth INR 1,000 for 4,000 reward points (1 reward point = INR 0.25)
- Pizza Hut voucher worth INR 250 for 1,100 reward points (1 reward point = INR 0.22)
- BookMyShowvoucher worth INR 150 for 550 points (1 Reward point = INR 0.27)
Additionally, you would get 5% cashback on your grocery shopping at SPAR stores up to a maximum of INR 500 per month.
How to Redeem Rewards?
To redeem your Standard Chartered Yatra Platinum rewards, you will have to log in to your account and choose products or services of your choice. For redeeming rewards, visit this page.
Is this Card for you?
This card is for you if:
- You don’t have a problem with booking tickets from yatra.com
- High interest rate does not bother you
- Lack of free airport lounge access visits and golf privileges is not your priority
- You are not looking for a credit card with a high welcome bonus
Payments & Fees – SC Yatra Platinum Credit Card:
|Annual Fee||INR 499|
|Foreign Transaction mark-up fee||3.5% of the transaction amount.|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||3% of cash withdrawal amount subject to a minimum of INR 300|
|Late Payments Fee||INR 100 to INR 800 depending upon statement outstanding balanceAdditionally, a late charge of INR 100 will be charged when two consecutive months are missed|
|Over Limit Fees||INR 500 per instance or 2.5% of the Overlimit amount. (Minimum INR 500)|
|Minimum Payment Due (MPD) on
extended credit usage
|The higher of the following:
(a) 5% of statement outstanding
(b) sum total of all instalments billed, interest, fees, other charges, the amount that is over limit and 1% of the principal.
|Surcharges||INR 25 or 2.5% of the transaction (whichever is higher) on Railway transactions. INR 10 or 1% of the transaction (whichever is higher) on Petrol transactions.|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 99|
How to make the most out of this card?
To make the most out of this card, you need to spend at least INR 15,000 on your card to be eligible for Cash back on Uber spends. This credit card gives you a 10% cashback on base fare for tickets booked on Yatra.com (a maximum of INR 250 for domestic & INR 750 for international flight tickets), 10% cash back on Hotel or Holiday bookings on Yatra.com (capped at INR 1,000). Therefore, if you have the opportunity to book two separate tickets, you can avail INR 250/INR 750 cash back on each ticket.
Terms & Conditions Explained:
- Late Payment Fee:
- 100 INR for statement outstanding balance less than or equal to INR 500
- 350 INR for statement outstanding balance between INR 501 and INR 2,000
- 500INR for statement outstanding balance between INR 2,001 and INR 4,000
- 700 INR for statement outstanding balance between INR 4,001 and INR 20,000
- 800 INR for statement outstanding balance greater than INR 20,000.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: All overseas transaction are charged a foreign currency mark-up fee of INR 3.5%
- Grace Period: It is the interest-free period for you to pay your credit card balance in full without any interest rate charges. The grace period is calculated based on your billing cycle and not from the date of the transaction.
Application Requirements/Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant’s age should be between 21 and 65.
- Applicant should have a stable monthly income.
- Applicant should belong to credit cards sourcing cities/locations of the Bank
- All applications are subject to credit and other policy checks of the Bank
Other Credit Cards with similar benefits/features:
Yatra SBI Credit Card
Another co-branded credit card with Yatra as its partner is the Yatra SBI Credit Card. This credit card offers Yatra vouchers worth INR 8,250 as welcome bonus. To avail other travel benefits such as discounts on domestic flights, international flights and discounts on hotels can be availed using the code ‘TRAVEL’ six times in a calendar year subject to fulfiling minimum transaction conditions. You can also earn 6 Reward Points on every INR 100 spent on Departmental Stores, Grocery, Dining, Movies, Entertainment and International Spends. You will also get an air accident cover worth INR 50 Lakhs. Additionally, you would get a fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India.
Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
Another travel credit card that you would like to consider is the Citi PremierMiles Credit Card, which is an airline agnostic credit card that offers excellent introduction airmiles (10,000 miles), 6-8 airport lounge free visits and a good rewards programme. You can earn accelerated 10 Miles per INR 100 when you book flight tickets and hotel stays at the dedicated PremierMiles website. Moreover, you can earn 10 Miles per INR 100 spent on all airline transactions – with any airline in the world. Lastly, you can earn 4 miles for every INR 100 spent on all other transactions. The airmiles earned never expire. Furthermore, you get air accident cover worth INR 1 crore.
AmEx Platinum Travel Credit Card
One of the best cards that you should alternatively look at is the AmEx Platinum Travel Credit Card. Similar to the Citi PremierMiles Credit Card, the AmEx Platinum Travelcard gives its cardholders airline points that can be redeemed for travel vouchers (Indigo Airlines). For those who spend over INR 4 lakhs per year, travel rewards add up to over INR 33,500 which results in a rewards rate of 8.375%. The AmEx Platinum Travel card has a high annual fee at INR 5000. One should have a spend of at least INR 4 lakhs to take advantage of the excellent rewards rate.
The Standard Chartered Bank Yatra Platinum Card has good earning potential if you make a lot of purchases with yatra.com. Additionally, you also get cash back on Uber like all Standard Chartered Credit Cards. Furthermore, the welcome bonus of 1,500 points is not bad for the annual fee you pay. However, the interest rate for this card is high and there are no free airport lounge visits or golf privileges included with this credit card.
FinTown Advantage: We provide unbiased personal finance advice to help people make the best possible financial decisions. Our reviews and ratings of financial products are determined by customer financial wellbeing and not profiteering. Whether or not we make a penny, we do what is best for the customer. Our research team is made up of economists and market researchers who spend hundreds of hours researching and comparing products with the same mission in mind.