HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card is a Platinum Visa card with moderate purchase benefits and reward structure. This card can be availed by students, housewives, and unemployed as long as they have an HDFC account. The card boasts of a zero annual fee. Also, the card provides moderate cash back offers of up to 1% across various departments like dining, entertainment, apparel, and grocery, to name a few.
The card also offers an attractive insurance cover which includes death by Air/Road/Rail, and International Air Coverage to name a few. In addition, the card has benign transaction limits capped at Rs. 1,00,000 for ATM withdrawal and Rs. 5,00,000 for domestic shopping per day.
Moreover, the card offers fuel surcharge waiver on fuel purchases at government petrol pumps. This card will be a good inclusion to users who indulge in shopping fairly (both online and retail stores), with good reward points backed by the transactions. This makes the card a good choice for you, if you would like to have moderate reward benefits and are keen on a good insurance policy.
Eligibility Criteria to get HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card:
In case you are an Indian citizen, you are eligible to apply for the HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card if you hold either one of the following accounts in HDFC Bank.
- Savings Account
- Current Account
- SuperSaver Account
- Loan Against Shares Account (LAS)
- Salary Account.
FinTown Rating: 3.5/5
|Joining Benefits and Insurance||3|
|Customer Service Rating||2.5|
There is no annual fee for HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card. This makes it one of the finest debit cards owing to its low eligibility criterion and its reward offers.
- The HDFC Bank EasyShop platinum card offers moderate reward rates with upto 1% cashback (capped at Rs. 750/month) on select merchant categories. These categories include Telecom, Utilities, Groceries and Supermarket, Restaurants and Apparels, and Entertainment.
- In addition, the card also offers good fuel surcharge waiver. However, this benefit can be availed only at selected HPCL, IOCL, and BPCL government petrol pumps. Additionally, the card has a modest reward program with 1 cashback point on every Rs. 100 spent on Telecom and Utilities. Furthermore, you can avail cashback point for Rs.200 spent on Groceries and Supermarket, Restaurants and Apparels, and Entertainment.
- Additionally, the card offers upto 5% cashback on SmartBuy.
- You can redeem your earned cashback points through NetBanking facility.
Joining Benefits and Insurance:
- Though the card falls short of joining bonus, offering none, it covers up the flaw with excellent insurance benefits. The HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card offers insurance for death by either air, or road, or rail. Also, you can avail international air coverage, fire and burglary insurance in addition to the loss of checked baggage insurance. A detailed insurance policy is given below.
- In addition to the above features, the card also offers a decent transaction limit capped at Rs. 1 lakh for ATM withdrawals and Rs. 5 lakh for domestic shopping limit per day respectively. This is fairly sufficient for most of the working class population and target demographic mentioned above. These benefits make this card a wonderful addition to you, if you have high affinity towards rewards, high transaction limits and good insurance policies at zero annual fees.
Pros and Cons – HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
|Reasons to choose||Reasons to avoid|
|High Transaction Limits||Lack of access to airport lounges and entertainment benefits|
|Excellent Insurance Policies||Lack of expert financial advise|
|Zero Annual Fee||Lack of dining and entertainment benefits|
|Zero Liability on Fraudulent POS transactions on your debit card|
|Provision of fuel surcharge waiver at selected government petrol bunks|
|International Validity and Global Acceptance|
Is HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card the right card for you?
The card could be right for you:
- You are a moderate shopper and seek to enjoy good discounts on shopping with cashback incentives.
- In case you are a person who needs to transact large sums of money (above 1 lakh) in a single day without restricting yourself.
- If you need good insurance policies for your financial security.
- If you need to use your debit card internationally.
When is HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card not the card for you?
- If you want to enjoy the luxuries and benefits of Airport Lounges while travelling.
- Also, if you need fuel surcharge waiver benefit from all the petrol bunks instead of a selected few.
- In addition, if you need a better reward rate policy with higher cash back offers than that offered by the card.
- Moreover, if you love watching movies and need discounts and cashbacks while booking tickets through third-party portals.
- If you are keen on getting benefits and discounts on travelling and dining.
- Also, if you need expert tailor-made financial advice from your bank regarding your investments and financial future.
Benefits/Rewards – HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
High Transaction Limits:
The HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card offers you a very high transaction limit of up to Rs. 1,00,000 (1 lakh) for domestic ATM transaction and Rs. 5,00,000 (5 lakh) for domestic shopping limits. Moreover, HDFC EayShop Platinum Debit Card offers a key feature not offered by its competitors. Depending on the balance in your account, the card lets you transact more than the pre-fixed amount, which acts as a huge advantage for this card.
Though, Rs. 1L is sufficient enough for the general public, features and incentives such as this, will make this card a good choice for you.
Excellent Insurance Policies:
In addition to its good transaction limit structure, the HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card also shines in its provision of a wide array of insurance policies. The insurance policies you can avail are as follows:
|Insurance Policy||Sum Insured|
|Death Cover by Air/Road/Rail||Rs.10 lakh|
|International Air Coverage||Rs. 1 crore (on the purchase of air ticket using the HDFC Premier Platinum Debit Card)|
|Fire and Burglary||Rs. 2 lakh (for items purchased under debit card for upto 90 days)|
|Loss of checked baggage||Rs. 2 lakh|
However, there are some terms and conditions if you want to reap the benefits of the insurance policies provided by your card.
Death Cover by Air/Road/Rail:
- For you to avail the free Personal Death Insurance cover, you must use your HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card at least once every 30 days. Inability to follow this will void your insurance claim.
Fire and Burglary
- In addition, if you want to avail the feature of Burglary and Fire insurance cover, you should have used your HDFC Debit EasyShop Platinum Debit card at least once, within 3 months prior to the event date. Additionally, the products will be eligible only if they were purchased using your debit card. You will not be in a position to avail the insurance if you don’t fulfill any of the above-mentioned criteria.
Loss of Checked Baggage:
- Also, there are terms and conditions to be satisfied in case you want to avail the benefits of checked baggage insurance. You must be travelling within India and you must have lost your baggage to either fire, theft burglary or accident of travelling vehicle. Similar to the fire and burglary insurance, you must have carried out at least one purchase transaction, within three months prior to the event date.
- Moreover, you must submit an FIR and Documentary evidence of the value of the loss of evidence within 30 days of the date of the event, to claim the insurance.
Zero Annual Fee:
There is no issuance or annual fee associated with the HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card.
Zero Liability for Fraudulent POS transactions on your debit card:
You will not have any liability to any fraudulent POS transactions on the debit card, which take place for upto 90 days prior to you reporting the card loss. Moreover, the zero liability insurance is applicable for POS transactions which are not authenticated using ATM PIN. The insurance does not hold true for ATM, Online Debit Card, or Netsafe transactions. You have to report the loss with the required https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/products/cards/debit-cards/easyshop-platinum-debit-card documentation.
Provision of Fuel Surcharge Waiver at selected Government Petrol Bunks:
HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card enables you to enjoy fuel surcharge waiver at government petrol bunks. However, this offer is limited to only a few selected government petrol bunks which act as a minor setback for the card. You can check the eligible petrol bunks here.
International Validity and Global Acceptance:
The HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Card is a Chip+PIN card which has international acceptability. In addition to that, the wide acceptance of HDFC bank makes it easy for you to utilize the card in any country which has HDFC Global presence.
However, you will have to pay a currency conversion markup of 3.5% which is the fixed foreign transaction fee. Currency conversion markup can be explained as follows. If you pay USD 100 for a product through your card, 3.5% of USD 100, i.e. you will additionally lose USD 3.5 along with your transaction amount.
How to get the most of HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card?
- For obtaining the maximum benefits out of this card, you should be someone who indulges in shopping. You can make full use your debit card for various purposes such as paying Telecom bills and Utilities and avail a discount of 1 cashback points for every Rs. 100 you spend.
- In addition, you could use the card for shopping at Groceries and Supermarkets, Restaurant and apparels and Entertainment centers to further increase your cashback points.
- Moreover, you can use your card at online portal BestBuy to avail 5% cashback on the products you buy.
- Also, you could check the list of petrol bunks mentioned above and could use the card to utilize the fuel surcharge waiver benefits provided by the card.
- Furthermore, you can get most of this card even in regular scenarios, owing to the various cards insurance policies which cover personal accidents, air accidents, fire and burglary insurance cover. This would increase your satisfaction and safeguard your interests.
Payment and Fees:
|ATM Cash withdrawal Limit (per day)||Rs. 1,00,000|
|Purchase Limit (per day)||Rs. 5,00,000|
|Charges on usage at domestic merchant outlets/websites||Nil|
|Railway Stations||Rs. 30/ticket + 1.8% of the transaction amount|
|IRCTC||1.8% of the transaction amount|
|Replacement Charges for the Debit Card||Rs. 200 + applicable taxes|
|Cross Currency Mark-Up charges on foreign currency transactions||3.5% + applicable taxes on foreign currency transaction carried out on Debit Cards.|
The HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit Card with its benefits and reward structure stands as a good solution if you want a ‘zero annual fee’ card with moderate benefits. Facilities like fuel surcharge waiver and comprehensive insurance coverage, coupled with a minimal eligibility criterion makes this card a feasible choice for various target groups. In addition, the transaction limits provided by the card makes this suitable for people with both low and high transactional requirements. On the whole, this card is a good choice for you, if you are not too inclined towards availing benefits but are a moderate shopper with a moderate desire for benefits.
Think this debit card is for you? APPLY NOW.
FinTown Advantage: We provide unbiased personal finance advice to help people make the best possible financial decisions. Our reviews and ratings of financial products are determined by customer financial wellbeing and not profiteering. Whether or not we make a penny, we do what is best for the customer. Our research team is made up of economists and market researchers who spend hundreds of hours researching and comparing products with the same mission in mind.