UAN stands for Universal Account Number. An individual has only one 12-digit UAN number throughout their lifetime. This number remains the same even if an employer may change. An applicant can generate their UAN account number by logging on the EPFO website.
To activate UAN, an individual must do/enter the following:
- Open the EPF website
- Enter Aadhar details and eKYC verification
- (Receiving) bank details and IFSC code
- Link mobile number to UAN
- Employees with less than 5 years of continuous experience must link PAN as well
How To Do PF Balance Check With UAN Number
Once UAN is Activated, an applicant can do a balance check with UAN Number. To Check EPF balance through UAN, an individual must:
- Open the EPFO Services tab on the EPF members portal. Use the UAN number and password from the activation step to the next step
- Enter the activated UAN number (after following the steps above)
- The applicant must then fill out details relating to the type of withdrawal, State, etc.
- An applicant must enter their mobile number after which they will receive a text message
- The text message will contain details relating to PF balance. You can also check your PF balance online through your PF passbook
Do remember your login information to access and view your PF balance online.