An applicant can check PF/EPF claim status online through UAN, SMS or a Mobile App. PF/EPF stands for Provident Fund (PF) or Employee Provident Fund (EPF). Thus, an applicant can view their PF balance, EPF status, download PF passbook, etc. and access other options and features online.
EPF Claim Status: Check PF Status Online by UAN
- An applicant can check their EPF claim status online by logging on to the epfindia.gov.in website.
- Click on Our Services and under that, Know Your Claim Status.
- On the next page, an applicant must enter the State/UT of the PF Office.
- The applicant must then select an EPFO Office from the list of offices in the city opted. This should be the Office where a claim is to be settled.
- Once entered, a form is auto-generated with the region code and office code automatically filled in.
- Next, the establishment code of the employer needs to be filled in to process the form.
- If a sub-code or extension is available, then that needs to be entered in the next option box.
- The applicant must fill in their 7 digit account number and click on submit. They will be able to check EPF claim status.
PF Status: Check EPF Claim Status Online by SMS
- An applicant can check their EPF claim status through SMS if they have linked their mobile number to their EPF account.
- An applicant can check their transfer, withdrawal or status claim by SMS when a claim form is received (1) and when a claim form is approved (2). Thus, an SMS is sent in both cases.
EPF Status: Check PF Claim Status Online by Mobile App
- The EPFO has also launched an Android App (2.3 and above) enabling an applicant to check their PF status.
- An applicant needs to enter their PF number and employer establishment code. The employer establishment code and PF number are issued on an employee’s payslip.
- Thus, the mobile App enables an applicant to check the status of a withdrawal application.