Online PAN Card verification is the online verification of Personal Account Number or PAN card. The NSDL website enables an individual to verify PAN card details online. Thus, an individual can also verify PAN card details on behalf of someone else provided they have the authorization and information required.
PAN Card Verification: Types of Verification
An applicant can verify PAN online in three ways, which are file-based, screen-based and API-based. Thus, the types of online PAN verification and the steps to follow are:
- Log on to the NSDL website (IT Department).
- Upload a file in the same structure as described by the NSDL site. This file can contain upto 100,000 PAN numbers in the same document. If the format of the document uploaded is incorrect, then an error message or rejection message is sent to the applicant.
- After submitting the document by clicking on ‘submit’, the NSDL site will give the details of all those PAN cards within 24 hours.
- Log on to the NSDL website.
- After logging in, an applicant can verify up to 5 PAN cards on the verification tab. Next, after entering your PAN number/numbers, you can click on submit.
- The details of the PAN number/numbers will be provided in the next screen (Results). The details are furnished almost immediately.
A site that is permitted to verify PAN details can use their API-based application to verify PAN. Thus, an applicant can log on to the respective vendor’s site and verify their PAN details.
PAN Card Verification: Registration
To register for online PAN verification, an applicant must provide details relating to:
- Contact information
- Amount due, payment method and instrument number
- For DSC’s (Digital Signature Certificates) an applicant must provide the name of the CA or Certifying authority, class of DSC, Serial number, etc.
PAN Card Verification: How To Verify Using PAN Number?
To verify PAN using PAN number, an applicant must:
- Log on to the NSDL PAN website or the UTI PAN website. The verification process is the same for both websites.
- If the PAN needs reprinting, duplicating or replacing, the applicant must enter that PAN number. Also, if it’s a new application, enter the application coupon number.
- After entering the PAN number, enter the CAPTCHA and click on the submit button.
- The NSDL website will display your PAN status, which will only be available for 5 days.
PAN Card Verification: How To Verify Using Name And DOB?
If an applicant does not know their PAN number, they can still verify their PAN online using their name and date of birth. To verify PAN using name and date of birth, an applicant must:
- Sign-up and Log into the NSDL website portal.
- You need to log in using your name and date of birth. In certain cases, an applicant may need to provide their father’s name as well because of similar name errors. Thus, enter your correct details.
- After successfully logging in, an applicant can get their PAN status and verification.
PAN Card verification: Offline Method
An applicant can verify their PAN card offline, for example with a bank, NBFC, mutual fund, insurance company, RBI, Stock Exchanges, GSTN (Network providing GST), Government agencies, IT, etc.